Things can only get better

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi SA - thanks so much - it's good to be back!:)

Nice to hear that Mr SA is preparing himself in good time for the festive season and won't get taken unawares!:rotfl:

How funny is your cat! I think cats tend to take the moral high ground with dogs and act aloof, but every so often they snap and let loose! I'd loved to have seen your dog's face!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Morning all :)

The dog kindly got me up at 6am today. Been productive already as washing is done and on the line, finances are done, just need to do meal plan. So nice to think no getting up at 5am for a week :)

On the finance front, I've gone over budget with groceries already with one more week to go until the end of the budget period :( I'm so cross with myself - will I ever learn? At the moment it's only £3.53 over but there's still next week. However, I've got a full freezer and plenty in the cupboards so shouldn't need to buy much next week. As I'm off work I'll just buy what we need for the day fresh stuff wise.

Plan for today is to tackle the cupboard of doom under the stairs. Mr SA is protesting, I don't know why as I can do it on my own. The cupboard is full of his tools, shoes and coats which is probably why he's butting in. His side is still hurting him from when he fell in the pond a couple of weeks ago so I'm not expecting him to be much help with the jobs I want to get done this coming week. He wants to go in town one of the days, will have to be Friday as I want to get everything done first.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    You chose the right week to be of SA , nice and hot how you like it. Good luck with cupboard of doom.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good luck with the cupboard of doom today! I think you're right about Mr SA - he knows he's got stuff in there and so thinks you'll try and involve him. Good idea on sorting it out yourself - you'll do it a lot quicker, but I'd try and sneak a few of his useless things out without him knowing as, being a man, he won't want to get rid of anything!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good luck with the cupboard of doom.
    Happy Sunday �� xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    The cupboard of doom is done :j It's still pretty full but much better. A lot of stuff has gone in the shed and a lot has gone in the bin :) Mr SA has rediscovered coats he didn't know he had. There is another cupboard of doom in the dining room which will be a job for another day.

Weeded the drive, took ages as it's a very long drive but done :j

Fence paint sprayer arrived this morning along with the ironing board and house phone. Mr SA is pleased with his new toy, the ironing board is a million times better than the old one, forgot what it was like to iron on a board that doesn't rock. The house phone is another story. It's been something on my must buy list for ages since I found the old one wasn't working which I blamed on GS playing with it. Finally got one today, plugged it in not working :( Had to phone Virgin from my mobile, got through to foreign call centre, couldn't tell a word he was saying :( Anyway the upshot is the phone line is dead. I haven't used it for about a year because I thought it was the phone. So I've been paying line rental for a phone line that doesn't work, although unknown to me. They're coming out to it tomorrow afternoon. I hardly ever use the landline just for calls to Virgin and other lines that are expensive to ring from a mobile.

Then Mr SA announced the extension lead we'll need for the paint sprayer (it's an electric one) isn't working. So now we've got to buy a new one of those. It's never-ending.

Goal for tomorrow is take the winter throw to the launderette then do some weeding in the garden - living the dream :rotfl:
  • Enjoy your week off - don’t work too hard!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Try a new fuse on the extenson lead first before buying a new one. Even if it has a welded on plug you can cut that off and wire on a new one. Check the old lead first for breaks. If none, add a new plug but make sure to keep the fuse the same size.
    I've made extension leads out of the old wiring for lawnmowers [longer leads] before that are working with no issues.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Sun_Addict
    Thanks taff I’ll get Mr SA to check it. He was fiddling with the plug earlier which doesn’t bode well :eek:

Checked the lottery ticket and we have 2 numbers so a free go next week. Better than nothing :)

Also forgot to say our WW group has been so successful the coach is desperate for paying members as we’ve all got to goal. A victim of her own success so to speak :)
  • Enjoy your time off work SA and good luck with the job applications. Well done on tidying the cupboard of doom :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure