Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • tracyken
    • By tracyken 20th Jul 19, 12:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    help bungallow wall is moving
    • #1
    • 20th Jul 19, 12:29 PM
    help bungallow wall is moving 20th Jul 19 at 12:29 PM
    i noticed a while ago that the wall looked off, so i knocked the plaster off and its all bent. i am clueless about stuff like this, plus money being on the tight side, i left it . i recently whent on trusterd tradesmen asking for quotes etc but have not had a single reply. i am not sure if it would be covered on my home ins, i am with aviva been with them a few years i will try and post a pic, not sure what to do any advice please. and any idead what could be causing it. weve been here about 18 years.
    sorry cant sus out how to get a pic on x
Page 1
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 20th Jul 19, 4:06 PM
    • 2,763 Posts
    • 2,470 Thanks
    • #2
    • 20th Jul 19, 4:06 PM
    • #2
    • 20th Jul 19, 4:06 PM
    You need a chartered surveyor to inspect the wall. The surveyor should also be able to tell you options exist to repair the wall, and will also be able to suggest the cause.

    I would start by calling your insurance company and telling them that you have a problem and might need to claim on the policy. Ask them if they will send out a surveyor or do you need to find one yourself?

    If they want you to find the surveyor , start ringing around to find a Chartered Surveyor who will come out and do the inspection and a report for less than 400.

    Once a surveyor has inspected the wall, you should know the cause and the nature of the fault, and you can see if it is covered by your buildings insurance policy. If so, you can make a claim. If not, just let the insurance company know that you are no making a claim as it is not covered. If there is any uncertainty about whether it is covered or not, you could ring them for advice, or submit a claim a wait for them to confirm that it is not covered.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always check official information sources before relying on my posts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

2,440Users online

Martin's Twitter