Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martka83
    • By martka83 19th Jul 19, 9:42 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    martka83
    Appeals from bank decisions
    • 19th Jul 19, 9:42 AM
    Appeals from bank decisions 19th Jul 19 at 9:42 AM
    Hi
    I applied through Resolver to claim my bank charges back which was successfully received. I got a refund but only a part of the charges, and I would want to appeal to try to get the full amount back.
    Do you think it is possible, and how should i do it: directly with the bank or go straight to Ombudsman?
    Appreciate all suggestions
    Thank you
Page 1
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 19th Jul 19, 10:25 AM
    • 743 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 19th Jul 19, 10:25 AM
    • 19th Jul 19, 10:25 AM
    I got a refund but only a part of the charges, and I would want to appeal to try to get the full amount back.
    On what basis are you trying to get the full amount back?
    Do you think it is possible, and how should i do it: directly with the bank or go straight to Ombudsman?
    The FOS no longer take on complaints about "unfair" bank charges. So, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. We need more info.
    • martka83
    • By martka83 19th Jul 19, 4:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martka83
    • 19th Jul 19, 4:21 PM
    • 19th Jul 19, 4:21 PM
    Im trying to get majority of the charges back, as they never told me exactly what those charges are for, they now minuses the “overdraft benefits received”: i must say I'm well surprised as i barely ever used it. So i don’t understand it.
    • SonOf
    • By SonOf 19th Jul 19, 9:59 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 889 Thanks
    SonOf
    • 19th Jul 19, 9:59 PM
    • 19th Jul 19, 9:59 PM
    Im trying to get majority of the charges back, as they never told me exactly what those charges are for, they now minuses the “overdraft benefits received”: i must say I'm well surprised as i barely ever used it. So i don’t understand it.
    Originally posted by martka83
    That is not a valid reason for complaint and would ultimately fail at the FOS. Banks publish their tariff. They explain what the charges are for.
    • martka83
    • By martka83 20th Jul 19, 11:26 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martka83
    • 20th Jul 19, 11:26 AM
    • 20th Jul 19, 11:26 AM
    Aa ok. Just wanted to make sure. Thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,247Posts Today

5,855Users online

Martin's Twitter