Virgin Atlantic Black Card Dispute & Compensation

Options
2»

Comments

• Terry_Towelling
    Terry_Towelling Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In some respects the legalities of a situation are not really the point. Maybe Virgin can refuse to issue an additional card and maybe they can take as long as they like to tell you that but that's not really what Virgin was doing here.

If they were refusing to give an additional card, they should have just said so - they didn't.

They sent you and your wife cards to use and said nothing about ID verification for anyone. Both cards worked, then one stopped and nobody said anything to you about this. You had to do all the running to work out what had gone wrong and, to this day, Virgin has not been able to give you anything meaningful by way of response.

They've fobbed you off with stock responses about admin/data entry errors, promised the additional card and still not delivered.

So what we have here, in my opinion, is not Virgin exercising its rights to refuse this that and the other, but Virgin just being plain inefficient and, possibly, making stuff up to fend you off.

Whether £75 is a fair offer is the moot point here. It's just over half the fee which sounds reasonable in some respects but, if you consider why you are paying a fee in the first place, maybe it isn't. Personally, I believe you should have the right to expect a much higher standard of service and exclusivity for this amount of money. You haven't really received anything approaching that (from what you describe) and I think they should have waived the entire fee.
  • Keane16
    Keane16 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Terry, thanks for summarising my point in a much better way than I have.

• 5 months in card fee terms is £67.
    • I averaged the air miles I earned for the last 4 months we had 2 cards and the 4 months where we had 1. We lost out on about 35k Air Miles. Crude calculations I know but that's a Premium cabin flight to New York or £525 worth of miles if I was to buy them.

I have no expectation that that they'll be reimbursed, especially as Virgin are legally covered as others have said, but from a service level point of view as you mentioned it's a poor showing.

They've been trying to call me for a couple of days but I've been in meetings at work. Will try to get hold of them and see what they say.

In other news my wife's card arrived last night. So at least we're back up and running.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure