Signed up for the MSE Virgin Broadband Deal but..

Options
Signed up with Virgin but they have already made too many mistakes, thanks to their poor sign-up page.

1) They are supposed to notify my current BB supplier - but I can't tell them it's PlusNet because PlusNet is not on the Virgin list! Choose "Other" in the list and that's it - no opportunity to input the correct name. Received 4 emails this morning about the new account, none of which address this issue.

2) I can't give Virgin my full name because the field for it limits the number of characters :wall:

My name is: Christopher
The field accepted: Christophe

However, that invalidates the Direct Debit! Received an email to confirm the DD details (wrong name). If anything is wrong, you are asked to contact 0345 454 1111. Climb a mountain of options. Wait for someone. That person then asks security questions that the email does not mention so I didn't have them to hand.

I described the faults on the sign-up Web page and asked if that information could be relayed back to get the page fixed and I also suggested that the email should tell you that, when you phone, security details will be requested and what type of details would be be required. I got a zero response to all of that, as though I had not said anything at all.

If Virgin can't get things like this right and are not willing to listen to customers, should MSE be recommending them? Should anybody join them - how reliable could they possibly be?

Comments

• IdeasVacuum
    IdeasVacuum Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's more. When you sign-up, you are of course asked to enter a password. So I did, 16 characters. Rejected, password must be between 6 and 15 characters. OK, submitted a 15 character password. Rejected, password must be numbers and letters only, no "special" characters. Submitted a 15 char password consisting only of numbers and letters. Accepted!!

Today, went to log into my account. Password rejected: Can only be between 6 and 10 characters long! Is there anyone, anyone at all at Virgin who knows what they are doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure