Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dan958
    • By dan958 14th Jun 19, 11:58 AM
    • 206Posts
    • 392Thanks
    dan958
    The meal prepping thread
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:58 AM
    The meal prepping thread 14th Jun 19 at 11:58 AM
    Hello,

I couldn't see that a thread already exists for meal prepping yet, so thought i'd make one!

This will be an opportunity for people to post recipes and pictures of your meal preps, and ask for inspiration or anything related to meal prepping.

Meal prepping is a great way of making sure that you eat well, if you maybe don't have the time or energy to cook every day. I also believe that it is a great way of making sure you don't waste anything, as I buy all my ingredients and then cook with it right away!

Resources
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MealPrepSunday/
    Meal prepping for beginners
    How do I meal prep?
    Last edited by dan958; 14-06-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Page 2
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 14th Jul 19, 5:26 PM
    • 9,820 Posts
    • 24,075 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    that taco chicken recipe looks lovely!
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Jul 19, 12:46 PM
    • 6,625 Posts
    • 48,269 Thanks
    joedenise
    Came across a website which was recommended by someone elsewhere (but can't remember where!) called The Batch Lady. Haven't used it yet but have had a look and looks quite good.

May give the batch cooking a go after my holiday when I've got a bit of time.

Denise
    • emg
    • By emg 15th Jul 19, 5:11 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 4,518 Thanks
    emg
    The Batch Lady has a pretty good youtube channel too and she's from the UK so all the ingredients are familiar.
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 17th Jul 19, 3:49 PM
    • 5,287 Posts
    • 81,039 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    I use my slow cooker to do a lot of batch cooking, but you could easily use a pan on the hob.
    My list for batch cooking.

Shepherds/Cottage pies
    Beef casserole
    Chicken casserole
    Sliced potatoes,onions and corned beef. very tasty.

I also make my filling for pies in the slow cooker, i don't care for
    bought pies. I trim every little bit of fat off the meat. If anyone comes and i bake a pie,they always say they know can eat it without worrying about any fat.

Steak and onion
    Steak and mushroom
    Chicken and leek
    Chicken and mushroom
    Chicken and ham
    Corned beef and onion

I'm trying to make some room in both freezers to get some batch cooking in.
    Last edited by nanto3girls; 17-07-2019 at 4:02 PM.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 27th Jul 19, 2:18 AM
    • 3,274 Posts
    • 8,102 Thanks
    ska lover
    Hi there
    I am very interested in beginning to meal prep

At first, just for work lunches - but hopefully moving on to planning evening meals also - using my slow cooker

I am planning to be making a lot of Soup, as a start - and I wanted to ask - does anyone know of any (non drip) soup containers / cups that can be popped in a bag to take to work?

Many thanks x
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 28th Jul 19, 7:13 PM
    • 6,625 Posts
    • 48,269 Thanks
    joedenise
    [QUOTE=ska lover;76082582
    I am planning to be making a lot of Soup, as a start - and I wanted to ask - does anyone know of any (non drip) soup containers / cups that can be popped in a bag to take to work?

Many thanks x[/QUOTE]

Wilko do a 400ml screw top beaker which would be ideal if you are able to reheat in a microwave at work - just need to remove the lid before reheating.

The other alternative is a small flask which wouldn't need reheating if you heat it up in the microwave at home.
    • PipneyJane
    • By PipneyJane 29th Jul 19, 8:36 AM
    • 1,256 Posts
    • 9,306 Thanks
    PipneyJane
    Hi there
    I am very interested in beginning to meal prep

At first, just for work lunches - but hopefully moving on to planning evening meals also - using my slow cooker

Many thanks x
    Originally posted by ska lover
    Any of the Lock-n-Lock boxes will do - they don't leak. Just remove the lid to zap.

Sistema do microwave soup mugs and breakfast pots, which turn up on sale regularly in Lidl. The majority have vents which may leak, but not all. However, it's worth emailing them to ask.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. #47 Official Brain Harvesting Body Counter
    • jackrabbit123
    • By jackrabbit123 1st Aug 19, 8:04 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    jackrabbit123
    A*ldi have heatproof soup/meal containers with screw top lids (like the ones that are usually ) used for lunches etc for about 4 at the moment , I find them really useful when making lunches of pasta, soup etc for DH and DS lunches.Hope this helps!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

2,241Users online

Martin's Twitter