Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nickz1990
    • By Nickz1990 15th Jul 19, 11:50 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nickz1990
    Need Help With My Jounery On Getting A Tummy Tuck
    • 15th Jul 19, 11:50 AM
    Need Help With My Jounery On Getting A Tummy Tuck 15th Jul 19 at 11:50 AM
    Hello All

So my long jounery is about to begin and it starts on here! I lost loads of weight from when I was younger and I'm now 29 and have been thinking every year I need s tummy tuck I have low self esteem because of this and I'm unable to wear clothes I really want to wear.

So I been searching websites high and low and can only seem to come across American websites.
    I wanted to make a list on what surgeons are good that I can go to....price is not a big factor has I know you pay for what you get, but I dont want to go crazy and spend loads..

If possible are we able to start a discussion on the first step to finding someone to help me?

Thanks everyone for any help or links sent in this discussion.

Page 1
    • Toothsmith
    • By Toothsmith 15th Jul 19, 12:55 PM
    • 9,144 Posts
    • 11,013 Thanks
    Toothsmith
    • 15th Jul 19, 12:55 PM
    • 15th Jul 19, 12:55 PM
    I would have thought your GP Dr would be a good first place to start.

He would know the surgeons around your area and their reputation. It's never a good idea to travel too far for these things just in case any complications require some follow-up care.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 15th Jul 19, 1:55 PM
    • 6,933 Posts
    • 5,202 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 15th Jul 19, 1:55 PM
    • 15th Jul 19, 1:55 PM
    A Google search for 'cosmetic surgery tummy tuck UK ' brings up lots of hits
    • CorrineCoo
    • By CorrineCoo 16th Jul 19, 11:51 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    CorrineCoo
    • 16th Jul 19, 11:51 AM
    • 16th Jul 19, 11:51 AM
    As Toothsmith said your doctor is a good place to start and if not the the Harley Street based doctors are fairly up to par I would have thought. However whoever you choose check their background and credentials out with the GMC before booking them.

https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-and-licensing/the-medical-register/a-guide-to-the-medical-register/find-a-doctors-record
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,796Posts Today

5,478Users online

Martin's Twitter