Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,380
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The cat is adorable, its like a lighter colour of my kitkat and I love the colours of the peacock :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning lovelies!
    It looks like a gorgeous day out there, shame I will be stuck in an office all day lol! It's at times likes these that I miss being a gardener, a job I did for 7 years whilst the children were little.
    Lovely framed finishes JCS1 - how is the SAL coming along?
    nmm - hope pooch is doing ok and that Mr Wolf is progressing.
    I have my dad staying this week but have managed 1-1.5 hours each night of stitching. It's the sea background now, so lots of turquoise and light/medium blue, cross stitch using one strand. Small progress but I'm getting there. Obviously I won't hit the end of June deadline but I've resigned myself to that now! Fat club tonight but I won't stay as DH has drinks after work and don't want to leave dad on his own.
    Had an email about the NEC craft show, too far for me but might take a trip to Ally Pally in October, just to look you understand! Anyone else going to any shows this year?
    Have a good day all
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • nmm
    Forumite
    Hi all, hope you are well and enjoying the sunshine if you have it :) I'm onto the last page of Wild Wolf :j here is the progress so far.

48191463927_58796a6482_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Morning all,
    I bit cooler here today as we've had rain overnight.
    Lovely update nmm - last page eeek! Not long to go now :)
    I spent a good solid four hours stitching last night. Felt like I was motoring along. Will take a photo when I'm back from dropping DD at her Sunday job.
    We are decorating the dining room as this will become DS1s bedroom. He has his gym equipment in there so might as well take over the whole room and we get a spare for visitors. Talking of visitors, my dad should make an appearance sometime soon, either later today or tomorrow.
    Photo to follow in half an hour or so!
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Latest photo update:
    https://flic.kr/p/2gsZHmE
  • nmm
    Forumite
    Four full hours!!! well done coxy it's coming along great, not long to go for you either. Well I rather stupidly got my arms completely sunburnt today, my friends and I went for a hike up a mountain, it took longer than expected and I forgot the sunscreen :(
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Ouch nmm, that's sounds painful! Take it easy.
    No further stitching yesterday as we finished all the woodwork and bought the wall paint. Then made up a new wardrobe for DS2 and moved his old one into the spare room. Can't believe how much stuff is in two wardrobes! Just need to hoover around tonight and it will look great. Might paint the walls tonight too if I can. I'm on a course with work today so early 3pm finish yay!
    I've just been planning a walking trip to Hadrian's Wall with my sister. We are attempting Carlisle to Newcastle, camping along the way eeek!
    Hopefully will get to stitch on Tuesday fingers crossed.
    Sorry for very non-stitch related post!
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Forumite
    Have fun on your walking trip sounds like fun, I live down the West Coast from Carlisle near Whitehaven.
  • Coxy11
    Forumite
    Hi all,
    I've been motoring on with the background (sea/sky?) these past few days. DH was away with work for three nights then away Friday and Saturday camping, so I could really get stuck in! He phoned at lunchtime today to say work want him to go away again tomorrow just until Weds night, so I will continue to crack on towards finishing yay!
    I now have all my equipment for my hadrians Wall hike including a bar of lu$h shampoo. Looking forward to treating myself in the grotty campsite showers eeeek! I go a week on Wednesday - it would be lovely to have Collecting Shells finished before I go.....now there's a challenge!
    Hope you're all going well.
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Forumite
    Sounds like you got loads of stitching done, good luck in finishing before you go. Not done much stitching the past week but hoping to get back to it, I would love for it to be completed this month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport