Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arrayer95
    • By Arrayer95 20th Sep 18, 10:17 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Arrayer95
    Section 75 Refund advice on Ebay Purchase
    • 20th Sep 18, 10:17 AM
    Section 75 Refund advice on Ebay Purchase 20th Sep 18 at 10:17 AM
    Hi,

So I purchased a brand new laptop for about 1000 from Ebay in March 2018 but it has now stopped working completely, and I have not damaged it at al so I'm assuming it is defective.

I purchased this with my credit card- Barclaycard.

The seller will not reply to my messages or email.

So I'm thinking should I contact my bank? What should I say? I know my purchase should be covered under the Section 75 because the transaction says Paypal*Seller Name which means it should be fine?

But I don't want to contact them for me too wait a week and for them to say no so I'd like to know whats the best way to go about this?

Thanks
Page 2
    • shizzlemynizzle
    • By shizzlemynizzle 11th Jul 19, 11:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shizzlemynizzle
    OP, I appreciate this is an old thread but I'd be interested to know how you got on with this?

I'm weighing up the pros and cons of buying from eBay so this would help me greatly!
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 12th Jul 19, 7:10 AM
    • 1,556 Posts
    • 1,131 Thanks
    18cc
    Don't buy new expensive tech from eBay - ever.

Obviously second hand (auction) can be worth it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,418Users online

Martin's Twitter