Awful boss and probation period-- need help

2»

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    kpols wrote: »
    The problem with this approach (and I've tried) is that she's very argumentative and defensive. You try to put your point across but she's already responded mid-way through.
    And how does "would you mind, I'd like to finish what I was saying?" go down?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • kpols
    kpols Posts: 20 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    And how does "would you mind, I'd like to finish what I was saying?" go down?

Well... I tried that. It ended up in a meeting with me, her and the director.
  • spanish_inquisition
    spanish_inquisition Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 8:35AM
    Kpols

Not a pleasant situation for you.

Sounds like harassment/bullying here is some helpful information from the Citizens Advice

Doshwaster made a great suggestion to start looking for another job - these situations can be difficult to overcome, however, this woman could be setting herself up for a fall.

If you have a human resources department it may be worth informally discussing the circumstance with them, if you feel strong enough.

Think the best advice is not to be too hasty, gather the facts and do plan an exit strategy even if you have no desire to leave.

Best of luck
  • snilloct1957
    snilloct1957 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2019 at 7:28PM
    Well... I tried that. It ended up in a meeting with me, her and the director.

This clearly indicates that she has the support of management and the director, and anything you do or say to try and resolve the animosity that has developed between you and her will result in her position being vindicated, and a black mark against your record as being "awkward".

Start planning your exit strategy now, try and stay under her radar, and hope your new job is better. :(
  • kpols
    kpols Posts: 20 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I've accepted that I need to leave. Ultimately, I think she's just not very bright and she can't help that. Only so much a person can do.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,613 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've accepted that I need to leave. Ultimately, I think she's just not very bright and she can't help that. Only so much a person can do.

Moving on sounds like a good idea. Don't worry about your cv; we all make mistakes when choosing new jobs - but only fools let those mistakes continue.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure