Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • itlondon
    • By itlondon 11th Jul 19, 9:21 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    itlondon
    Will switch business account affect my future mortgage?
    • 11th Jul 19, 9:21 PM
    Will switch business account affect my future mortgage? 11th Jul 19 at 9:21 PM
    Hello, please give me advice.

Iím not British, so sorry if I cannot explain well.

My background and situation.
    I live with the VISA, Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
    I bought a flat 4 years ago, and I remortgaged 2 years ago.
    I set up my small business (limited) a year ago.

My personal account, mortgage, business account are all Barclays.
    Then, Iím thinking to switch my business account from Barclays to Natwest.
    The reason is my accountant suggests to use FreeAgent and itís free if I have Natwest account.

My question is if I switch my business account, will it affect my remortgage?

Iíve heard it may be difficult to get better mortgage product when you set up own business (I mean small company). My current mortgage plan is pretty good deal because I have been using Barclays for years.

So, will it affect my mortgage deal if I switch my business account from Barclays to Natwest?
    Or, my dividend will get paid to my Barclays personal account which should not affect my remortgage in the future?

Sorry for my poor English 🙏🏼
Page 1
    • gingerdad
    • By gingerdad 6th Aug 19, 11:07 AM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    gingerdad
    • 6th Aug 19, 11:07 AM
    • 6th Aug 19, 11:07 AM
    if it's a limited company I can't see how it could but I'd be looking at switching to a fee-free one either promotion like HSBC or Yorkshire or permanent like Starling. We've switched our business account every couple of years to keep it free and not seen any negative effects.
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,768Posts Today

8,970Users online

Martin's Twitter