Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Greenfingers3
    • By Greenfingers3 10th Jul 19, 6:16 PM
    • 352Posts
    • 14,996Thanks
    Greenfingers3
    Ebay help please
    • 10th Jul 19, 6:16 PM
    Ebay help please 10th Jul 19 at 6:16 PM
    Hoping someone could give me some advice please, as I am new to selling on Ebay. I sold an item, for collection only and the buyer arranged collection for the following day. I wasn't personally here when they came to collect but my OH was, they paid in cash (10) then decided that it wouldn't fit in their car as it was too big. They stated that they would return the following Saturday to collect it, when they would have more room in the car. They did not return, I have messaged them to ask when they are coming to collect it but have had no reply as yet. From what my OH has said, it seems likely that they did not really understand what they were buying. My question is what do I do now, as they have paid for it, it doesnt belong to me anymore but I still have it. Can I send a message something along the lines of giving them 7 days and saying if I haven't heard from them in that time I will relist it and they are welcome to come and get their money back? would I need to cancel the sale somehow?

Second question I sold another item, just low value, sent it by Royal mail, the day it should of arrived the buyer sent me a message saying "excellent service, thank you" I therefore assumed it had arrived, buyer is now claiming they have not received it. It wasn't tracked it is only low value, it is just annoying, is this a scam?

Thanks for your help
Page 2
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Jul 19, 8:47 PM
    • 13,558 Posts
    • 9,268 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thank you, how do I upload it to the case, I can't see how to do it. Thanks
    Originally posted by Greenfingers3
    Is there an option to send a message? I don't know if adding the POD has overridden this (the POD used to act to "win and preclose" the case before the latest update).

If you can see a way, you click the photo icon and upload it, if you can't don't worry, eBay can still see the message.
    • Greenfingers3
    • By Greenfingers3 11th Jul 19, 8:53 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 14,996 Thanks
    Greenfingers3
    Is there an option to send a message? I don't know if adding the POD has overridden this (the POD used to act to "win and preclose" the case before the latest update).

If you can see a way, you click the photo icon and upload it, if you can't don't worry, eBay can still see the message.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    You can send a message, but you can't upload anything, I will do that, thank you.
    • Greenfingers3
    • By Greenfingers3 12th Jul 19, 2:48 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 14,996 Thanks
    Greenfingers3

Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Good news! Case has been closed now.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jul 19, 1:28 PM
    • 13,558 Posts
    • 9,268 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Good news! Case has been closed now.
    Originally posted by Greenfingers3
    Perfect outcome.

Now you know where the delivery POD is on your receipt, you can add it as soon as the parcel is posted and marked dispatched, that way you will be covered without doubt in a situation like this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

3,192Users online

Martin's Twitter