Contacting the Forum Team

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Tine
    Options
    I hope someone can forward this to the relevant section of MSE:

I receive a regular newsletter on tax matters that looks like this:
    [EMAIL="emailbulletin@email.accountingweb.co.uk"]emailbulletin@email.accountingweb.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    This included a link to this story:
    https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/hmrc-policy/hmrc-campaigns-where-have-they-gone?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AWUKPOW200319&utm_content=AWUKPOW200319+CID_aa7fe6216d50a880adc75fe4c6fcb8f8&utm_source=internal_cm&utm_term=HMRC%20campaigns%20Where%20have%20they%20gone

The story about tax clampdowns included an advert, showing a slightly grim looking Martin.

Clicking the picture took the punter to:
    https://ecoenergized.com/
    Which appeared to display a page of the Daily Mirror where Martin was explaining how to get in on a crypto currency investment.

https://ecoenergized.com/

appears to be a site for generating instant "click bait"

Hi there,

We have a team who deals with these scam adds - please email them all details you have to fakead@moneysavingexpert.com. Thank you for telling us about it!

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope this is the right place and I am not resurrecting an old thread in error; apologies if so and perhaps my post could be moved, should this be the case.

I just wanted to send a big thank you to MSE Chris for not only responding to my request on a Sunday evening but making my switch in the CEC disappear with minimum fuss and maximum speed, as I asked. I am seriously impressed.

:T

Smodlet :)
  • RoS17
    RoS17 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Trying to post a link to a competition and getting the message as a new user I can’t post a link. I’ve been a member of this forum for 10 years and have my 10 year badge????
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RoS17 wrote: »
    Trying to post a link to a competition and getting the message as a new user I can’t post a link. I’ve been a member of this forum for 10 years and have my 10 year badge????

You maybe have been a member for 10 years but you have not posted enough times to qualify to be able to post links.
  • RoS17
    Options
    You maybe have been a member for 10 years but you have not posted enough times to qualify to be able to post links.

But I have posted links in the past? And it doesn't say that in the error message it says because I'm a new member. I'm a community amnager myself for a busy forum so I completely understand if this is a forum software glitch - we have lots of them to! :rotfl:
    I was wondering if it's because I've changed my password?
  • EllenorR
    EllenorR Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    But I have posted links in the past? And it doesn't say that in the error message it says because I'm a new member. I'm a community amnager myself for a busy forum so I completely understand if this is a forum software glitch - we have lots of them to! :rotfl:
    I was wondering if it's because I've changed my password?

No, it's because you are currently using one of your AE accounts :cool:

We can all easily view what you have posted before under this ID, especially with only 8 posts to date, and none contain links.
  • RoS17
    Options
    EllenorR wrote: »
    No, it's because you are currently using one of your AE accounts :cool:

We can all easily view what you have posted before under this ID, especially with only 8 posts to date, and none contain links.

Sorry to sound stupid but what's an AE account?

I've posted another competition link a few months as I'm a keen comper and even won our honeymoon from a link on this forum so want to share competition.
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to sound stupid but what's an AE account?

I've posted another competition link a few months as I'm a keen comper and even won our honeymoon from a link on this forum so want to share competition.

What they are saying is that you must have another account on MSE and used that to post the comp link with a few months ago as this account has no such post connected with it.

You need to make sure that you do not get your accounts mixed up :p
  • laserbeam
    laserbeam Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just had to change my password and have logged in using the temporary password but cannot see how to change the password can someone help.
  • laserbeam
    laserbeam Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have now changed my password just one problem left as I am now signed in how do I sign out as cannot see any sign out tab.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback