REMO-Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order

1404142434446»

Comments

• Really good to see this post. Going to start the process tomorrow with my Daughter's father who lives in Australia
  • JJWSJS8700
    JJWSJS8700 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Go to the magistrates court (county court is for married couples).

They had me walking from one to the other for 6 yrs, not having a clue what I was talking about and fobbing me off, losing 6 yrs of CM.

Ours is the same building now.

Family Court Section ~ Ask for REMO, it’s such a simple procedure and they make it so complicated.

I understood our UK Csa/Cms had a bit of a link with Australia before??

Did you open a case with Csa/Cms?
  • JJWSJS8700 wrote: »
    Sea breezes:

£150,000 pa do you mean CAD? How do you know how much he earns/income?

Canada is very efficient, took mine 9mths to the day.

The UK court does not ask for a specific amount, just application for Child Maintenance.

Then Canada work on the Federal Guide Lines/Rates which you can easily look up.

When you are finally awarded from the DATE it is approved, by the Canadian Court, they start collecting/paying from that date only.

Then you have to prove that you have not received any CM for the time you were waiting for approval.

The Brexit carryon has made the £ drop so your CM is worth much more.

Ah this is very interesting! No, £150,000 per year, as in $250,000 CAD (from his form E which was done this year as part of the financial remedy - we are in the process of a court hearing to agree the division of pensions, so he finally had to reveal that he earned). He has now tried to claim that as the children live in the UK he wants child maintenance agreed by court order in the UK and his solicitor has applied for an order for periodical payments. He wants to carry on paying the amount he considers acceptable (£1500 per month) which isn’t even the CMS minimum.
  • lexiii
    lexiii Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Steph1988 said:
    Hi everyone.

I debated on whether to share my story (My story to date haha) having read all the posts but thought I might as well and congratulations to all of you that have had success with this so far.

Bit of background, my Daughter:heart2: was born in 2016, my ex-partner had been working & travelling around Canada during my pregnancy and returned when she was born but decided that he was returning back there (Returned April last year) and has since welcomed a second child. I had no financial support from him leading up to her birth and since her birth he had been paying maintenance, lets say "in blocks" (2 months in a row, then nothing for 4 months etc) with the amounts varying, so I'm now proceeding with REMO.

I filed my application back in January of this year. (Should have done it the moment he left I know!) and have a Court date set in the next few weeks. Completely unfamiliar with this whole process but judging by some of your posts, I have an idea now of what will happen. Anyway, I will be posting updates on how this goes :) and good luck to anyone else going through this process!!
    Hey! I hope everything when well in court !! 
    I have a case with remo , finally my ex was summoned for a dna test after ignoring 3  summoning 😔 my lawyer said court will make the decision after the results, 
    so my question is, did you have to physically go court? If so in Canada or the uk?
    and what law did the court use ? Canada or uk 
     Im in the England and my ex is in Austria, i would hate to travel for court 😔
  • lexiii
    lexiii Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    (I posted this on a separate thread, but have discovered that all the knowledge seems to be here in this one!)

My ex husband lives in Alberta, Canada, and has done since we split eight years ago. Because he has been extremely difficult, it has taken me until now to initiate both a clean break order with regards to his pension and also to discover how much he earns. It turns out that he is making around £150,000 a year and the amount he is paying isn't even the CMS recommended amount. I have discovered that I have to apply for a REMO and that they will then apply for maintenance, but I am confused about the calculations used. Are they based on the UK amounts, or on the maintenance amounts that would apply in Alberta, where he lives? (There is a huge difference in the amount he would have to pay.)

As I’m in the process of a court case for a financial remedy, should I apply for a court order for financial provision at the same time? Would that speed up the REMO application?

Thank you in advance!
    Hey! I hope everything  when well? 
    I have a case with  REMO too, 
    my ex lives in Austria and me and my lil one are in England so i want to ask you a few questions because my ex make about £150,000  a year , with uk laws i would be getting £1200 a month , but on the Austria website it says , for paying parents earning well you can get 2 to 3 time the set amount so around €800 . 
    In your case What law did court follow, uk or canada ? 
  • Hi, I’m about to start the whole REMO process. Can anyone advise which form do I need for child maintenance order please? I have previously had an order saying for my child to live with me and how often to see the father. Is this the same form or a variation to it? 
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi, I’m about to start the whole REMO process. Can anyone advise which form do I need for child maintenance order please? I have previously had an order saying for my child to live with me and how often to see the father. Is this the same form or a variation to it? 

Please start your own thread with your question. You've posted on the end of a thread that was started in 2009 and is 46 pages long, your question could so easily be missed, which is why you've had no help.
  • @Justiceforkids what you have in place is child arrangement order. It is not the same as child maintenance order. You do not need a child maintenance order in the Uk to apply through remo. I used my CMS letters when I applied to the Spanish court in uk via remo. If you do not know your dh whereabouts you need to fill out a CJ22 to apply for special measures to trace a residential and/or postal address for him.
    You will also need to send in the original birth certificates so that remo can take certified copies. I sent out annexes C snd E with my application in addition to a cover letter outlining the situation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback