Appeals from bank decisions

Hi
I applied through Resolver to claim my bank charges back which was successfully received. I got a refund but only a part of the charges, and I would want to appeal to try to get the full amount back.
Do you think it is possible, and how should i do it: directly with the bank or go straight to Ombudsman?
Appreciate all suggestions
Thank you

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I got a refund but only a part of the charges, and I would want to appeal to try to get the full amount back.

On what basis are you trying to get the full amount back?
    Do you think it is possible, and how should i do it: directly with the bank or go straight to Ombudsman?

The FOS no longer take on complaints about "unfair" bank charges. So, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. We need more info.
  • Im trying to get majority of the charges back, as they never told me exactly what those charges are for, they now minuses the “overdraft benefits received”: i must say I'm well surprised as i barely ever used it. So i don’t understand it.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    martka83 wrote: »
    Im trying to get majority of the charges back, as they never told me exactly what those charges are for, they now minuses the “overdraft benefits received”: i must say I'm well surprised as i barely ever used it. So i don’t understand it.

That is not a valid reason for complaint and would ultimately fail at the FOS. Banks publish their tariff. They explain what the charges are for.
  • Aa ok. Just wanted to make sure. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure