£2 Savers Club 2018

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    What about The Stone Grill on Queens Prom?

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Another 1 this morning! I'm on a roll this week!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Another 1 in my pot from yesterday and one from today! Not going so well this year, where have all the £2 coins gone! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Latest count - £38.00

Very happy with that, just over one month in!
    £2 Savers Club 2018 - #42 - £74.00 - 1 Apr
    20p Savers Club 2018 - #103 - £11.80 - 1 Apr
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2018 at 7:27PM
    How strange, I thought I'd subscribed to the new thread but discovered I hadn't after I investigated thinking the board had been very quiet - I'm pleased to see everyone is off too a good start already! :)

Personally I'm up to £34 already. I'm determined to try and fill the remaining space in my pot of dreams by the middle of the year, no idea how many that will take but we've an invite to Seattle in August which I'd love to take up. Times are starting to get a bit tough in our household at the moment as my other half lost his job last year due to long term illness and there's no sign yet of him being able to pursue a new job, so my £2 savings would be a wonderful way to make a nice holiday achievable! Fortunately accommodation would all be covered by our friends who live there so it's only flights and a little bit of spending/food money that we'd need.
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • Gem-gem
    katy_ann wrote: »
    Another 1 in my pot from yesterday and one from today! Not going so well this year, where have all the £2 coins gone! x

Everyone is saving them :eek:
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    james5558 wrote: »
    Latest count - £38.00

Very happy with that, just over one month in!

Well done on your first months haul.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Gem-gem
    Twiggy_34 wrote: »
    How strange, I thought I'd subscribed to the new thread but discovered I hadn't after I investigated thinking the board had been very quiet - I'm pleased to see everyone is off too a good start already! :)

Personally I'm up to £34 already. I'm determined to try and fill the remaining space in my pot of dreams by the middle of the year, no idea how many that will take but we've an invite to Seattle in August which I'd love to take up. Times are starting to get a bit tough in our household at the moment as my other half lost his job last year due to long term illness and there's no sign yet of him being able to pursue a new job, so my £2 savings would be a wonderful way to make a nice holiday achievable! Fortunately accommodation would all be covered by our friends who live there so it's only flights and a little bit of spending/food money that we'd need.

Hi Twiggy_34,

I will quickly assign you a number.
    Sorry to hear that your hubby has not been well and his job situation.
    I hope you manage to save enough £2 coins to make the trip to Seattle.
    Good luck.
    Gem-gem
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Hi Gem. I think I already have a number, that's why it's so odd that I hadn't subscribed to the thread! It'll show in my signature if I do have one already...

I think Seattle will be achievable as it's a large pot that I've got and its somewhere just over half full meaning it should be close to, if not more than £1k in there. I really don't want to smash it before it's full though lol .

Thanks x
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • Gem-gem
    Twiggy_34 wrote: »
    Hi Gem. I think I already have a number, that's why it's so odd that I hadn't subscribed to the thread! It'll show in my signature if I do have one already...

I think Seattle will be achievable as it's a large pot that I've got and its somewhere just over half full meaning it should be close to, if not more than £1k in there. I really don't want to smash it before it's full though lol .

Thanks x

Hi Twiggy,
    I found your first number so removed your second number.

Regarding smashing it, when the time comes can you not slide them out with a ruler? This is what I have done before.

Good luck.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills