Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Comments

• I switched from EDF to Scottish Power (Fixed July 2015) back in August, I've had my final bills from EDF and account is closed. Scottish Power asked for my current meter readings last week, I tried entering them online and was unable to. I then rang them, and they too couldn't enter them. I was also told that whilst there was a problem with my account they couldn't look at switching me to Fixed January 2016. I left the readings and was told they would refer it to be sorted, at which point they would be able to talk to me about changing tariffs. Went online today to check Meter readings had been updated only to find they hadn't. After ringing them, they were busy so agreed for them to ring me back. The person I spoke to confirmed that they had a record that I called last week, but no record of last weeks meter readings or my startup meter readings and I needed to give them today's readings. Hung up, got the meter readings, and tried contacting them again, took 3 attempts to speak to a different person. They told me again there was problem with my account, put me on hold twice, took today's meter readings, but would not take my startup readings from my final edf bill. Again they wouldn't talk to me about tariff changes because of a fault on my account. I was told to ring back in 2 weeks when it should be fixed! I would change energy providers but am concerned that this won't be processed until my account is fixed. Not Very Happy, proceed with caution.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    a further update.
    Following the advice of vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv above I this morning, at 7.45) e mailed all the shown 'big wigs'.
    I had two replies by 10.30 telling me that my case had been made a priority and would be fully resolved within 5 days - "here we go again" I thought.
    At 12.05 I got a further e mail detailing my bills over the past 5 months, an apology, a £75 credit to my account and a balance refund to be sent out tomorrow for over £440.

Go to the top and by pass all the crap.
    Thanks vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv !!!!!!!

Thanks for this, really glad you've had success by emailing the bigwigs. I have just done the same so fingers crossed I get a similar outcome. I'm not even too fussed for the apology or £75 GOGW but will happily take them if offered. I just want an accurate final bill and refund of the relevant overpayment.

Thanks to vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv for all the relevant email addresses.

I'll post an update when I hear anything in the hope it might help others in a similar situation.
  • antonyk wrote: »
    I switched from EDF to Scottish Power (Fixed July 2015) back in August, I've had my final bills from EDF and account is closed. Scottish Power asked for my current meter readings last week, I tried entering them online and was unable to. I then rang them, and they too couldn't enter them. I was also told that whilst there was a problem with my account they couldn't look at switching me to Fixed January 2016. I left the readings and was told they would refer it to be sorted, at which point they would be able to talk to me about changing tariffs. Went online today to check Meter readings had been updated only to find they hadn't. After ringing them, they were busy so agreed for them to ring me back. The person I spoke to confirmed that they had a record that I called last week, but no record of last weeks meter readings or my startup meter readings and I needed to give them today's readings. Hung up, got the meter readings, and tried contacting them again, took 3 attempts to speak to a different person. They told me again there was problem with my account, put me on hold twice, took today's meter readings, but would not take my startup readings from my final edf bill. Again they wouldn't talk to me about tariff changes because of a fault on my account. I was told to ring back in 2 weeks when it should be fixed! I would change energy providers but am concerned that this won't be processed until my account is fixed. Not Very Happy, proceed with caution.

Almost exact same as me after switching from edf in august too, managed to get my start meter readings submitted on my online account eventually but after phoneing scottish power dont seem aware of the details already showing on my online account, rung 3 times and told them but strangely they seem to forget it all again between calls.
    was under the impression all was sorted after my last call in septemper, even recieved £50 in high street vouchers through the post which was a nice surprise, after being prompted by email to enter an updated meter reading today,which i did, i noticed that no direct debit payments had been taken, called them but surprise surprise the had no record of my start reading or the updated one i had just entered on their site, also found out they havent sent up a direct debit so i owe at least 3 months i thought id payed for, all due to an "i.t. problem" on my account they cant set up a direct debit now or any time soon, or give any sort of explanation as to !!!!!! is going on with them, been promised a call back but not holding my breath. They recomended i make a card payment on the account each month to stay out of debt but as they dont know their ar#e from their elbow im not going start giving random payments to them.
    Like you i darent switch again until im atleast on their books properly. so over all scottish power are an incompitent nightmare which i could do without.
  • Word of warning when switching from this company. Check your final bill carefully!!

I swapped to Coop Energy in September and have been waiting patiently for SP to close my duel fuel account and sort out the final bill.
    The gas account was closed at the start of October leaving me around £85 in credit. £39 of this was transferred to the electricity account and the remainder credited to my account, why not transfer all or credit all?

After waiting for another 4 weeks they've finally closed my electricity account but instead of crediting the money from the gas account they've debited it claiming I owe them £50 when I work it out to be £10.

It's a good thing I'm anal about checking bills but I have to wonder how many people would have just paid up without question.

After contacting them to point out their automated system can't add up, I've been told my account is on hold while they sort it out. I'd say they were a shower of muppets but that's an insult to muppets.
  • maas
    maas Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 November 2014 at 1:28AM
    kelbag wrote: »
    Word of warning when switching from this company. Check your final bill carefully!!

They tried to pull a quick one over me when I left. Gave me an estimated bill with consumption that I have not even used today (6 months later!).

Then after giving them the actual meter reading they then tried to claim it was within a certain threshold and it wont be changed LMAO! I was expected to pay SP and my new supplier for the same barrel of gas.

Of course it got changed!
    Totally incompetent shambolic company.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had to phone them last night, and my wait tiime was 42 mins there was no option for a call back i had to sit and wait i was not happy.

Eon has passed my reads on to them but apparently SP dont have them so i will give it another week and see what happens.

All i want is my credit back
  • We have been trying to get something sorted out by Scottish Power since June 2014. On 1 period 2013/14 in particular we were charged for 6900+ kWh of gas, the actual amount used was 673 kWh. There have been other mistakes but you just can not get a sensible response from Scott.Power. If anyone is wondering whether to switch to Scottish Power, BEWARE, YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I managed to wangle it so that on my switch to Eon nearly 3 months ago I owed them money !

Everything is fine with Eon , got my £12 Gov green bonus plus my £140 WHD credited and because I am a low user the Eon site has allowed me to drop my DD to £7 a month.

My SP account still shows as live in debit but still not had a final bill. They are useless !
  • A further contact - who sorted my problem quickly is

ChiefExecutiveCompla@ScottishPower.com

mark it 'for the attn of - Miss J McDonnell, Directors Support Team.'

Though I have had no reason to use it she also gave me this freefone number 0800 040 7005
  • I joined SP in August when my deal with NPower finished. Transfer all fine, but despite saying my direct debit would be £10 per month they are only taking £38 per month.

I have contacted them but have beed fobbed off, they even refused to give me contacils of Ofgen Ombudsman service.

They are building up a debt for me, which they will then expect me to pay in one go all due to their error.

Having written to them, I spoke to them today, but was passed from one person to another, I could not speak to customer complaints but they would ring me back in 10 days time. A manager was not available as was on another call (What only one manager)

Not happy with SP, and I would strongly recommend against anyone joining them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback