O2 Loyalty

I have (had) a pair of long time contracts with O2 for my wife and I giving 2Gb data a month for £15 each.
I run out of data once every year or so. Instead of rewarding me for loyalty and giving me a free 1Gb when this happens (which would absolutely keep me with them) O2 ask for £3.50 for 100Mb top up!

Bye bye O2.
Off to EE - same price for 20Gb which we can share around.
Just sharing my experience so that others might do the same.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So you run out of data, you know you are going to run out of data but still do it.
    Why should 02 be responsible for that.. £15 a month haha...do you really think they will miss you.
    Your sense of entitlement astounds me....
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Sounds like you've been happy to pay through the nose without exceeding your bundle.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    'Loyalty'= I could not be bothered to shop around and get a better deal:rotfl:
  • sajjed
    sajjed Posts: 97 Forumite
    I have (had) a pair of long time contracts with O2 for my wife and I giving 2Gb data a month for £15 each.
    I run out of data once every year or so. Instead of rewarding me for loyalty and giving me a free 1Gb when this happens (which would absolutely keep me with them) O2 ask for £3.50 for 100Mb top up!

Bye bye O2.

U could have got your contracts for less than £15 with 02 for 2gb,
    Plus they give the second account 20% discount ( think its changing to 10% though) although I only found this out when I upgraded
  • ivinsp
    ivinsp Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You can get 2 GB for £8 or 3 GB (plus a 1 GB reserve tank) for £10 with giffgaff, they use o2's masts
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Bye bye O2.

But you're still paying £15 a month when you state yourself that you only use less than 2GB a month. Paying the same for 10x the amount seems pointless and a waste of money. You could get 2GB from other suppliers that rolls over (so you can top up if needed at will) at half the price.

It appears to have been a shocking lack of research on your part in the first place to be paying that and then you doubled down by still paying the same amount for something you'll never use.
    Hopefully not...
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    But you're still paying £15 a month when you state yourself that you only use less than 2GB a month. Paying the same for 10x the amount seems pointless and a waste of money. You could get 2GB from other suppliers that rolls over (so you can top up if needed at will) at half the price.

It appears to have been a shocking lack of research on your part in the first place to be paying that and then you doubled down by still paying the same amount for something you'll never use.

Hopefully not...

I'm not sure why some of you readers are not detecting the one hit wonder new poster trolls?
    Besides that O2 for 2gb is somewhat less than the £15 for any customer new or old and at the time of the opening post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure