M&S Sale

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lily54 wrote: »
    Lots down to 70% in Swansea store.

Just about to post the same :)

Very happy with my £4 cardigan and £5 pj set for DH.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 12 July 2019 at 11:39AM
    BUYER BEWARE: Nothing much is 70% off either in-store or online. NOTHING has yellow stickers in my local store and my local store has higher prices than the same items online.

You are better off buying online, as I have found several items which are £1-£2 higher each in store. Examples, kids chinos, baby sleeping bags and ladies jeggings. Those are only items I was interested in, so there will certainly be lots more.

70% off signs are just a ruse to get people into store and buying, when in reality the prices haven't dropped on 95% of the items.

I got much better prices buying online, but of course there is less stock and it moves faster. They probably want to get rid of the online stock and put it into stores.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Can anyone confirm 90% this Friday?
  • smallboi
    smallboi Posts: 5 Forumite
    the 90% off is due around 2nd August 2019 as all sale ends on Sunday 4th Aug.but as always it is TBC.
  • Wizzbang
    Went into store again today to return a couple of items, store prices still higher than online and still only selected items at 70% off, prices hadn't changed a week ago. Tonnes of stock left.
    Minimalist

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    smallboi wrote: »
    the 90% off is due around 2nd August 2019 as all sale ends on Sunday 4th Aug.but as always it is TBC.

Thanks smallboi you have helped me from the other side
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Went in to a store today to collect 4 orders i did when the 70% sale started. Only 3 orders had arrived. I stay in the north of scotland but i still gave them a week for deliver to store. Filling my basket for the 90% sale.
  • Wizzbang
    grunnie wrote: »
    Went in to a store today to collect 4 orders i did when the 70% sale started. Only 3 orders had arrived. I stay in the north of scotland but i still gave them a week for deliver to store. Filling my basket for the 90% sale.

They don't do 90% online. Only in-store, presumably so they don't get returns as it wouldn't be worth their hassle. If you sell online you have to abide by the distance selling regulations, but in-store they can put yellow stickers on that state no returns. HTH
    Minimalist

• maz1411
    maz1411 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    went to York Vanguard store today - no yellow stickers but today is the last day of their sale - anyone else seen this in thier stores?
  • So when is 90%?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport