repair double glazing

12345679»

Comments

• 2007 when Lardy2 posted on this thread. Not sure you'll get a reply . .
  • mjj11
    mjj11 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 March 2014 at 8:59PM
    I got rid of misting on my units by.remove unit from frame ,remove tape from outside edge of window unit,take one pane of glass out ,used a stanley knife to cut into sealant.wipe glass clean take out top spacer bar and corner posts empty the old silca balls out and throw away!bought a great big box of new silca balls about £70 !they dont sell small portions! refill with new silca balls.Place glass back onto unit ,wipe silicone around perimeter of unit to seal leave for 4 hours miniumum,then run duct tape round .refit unit into window frame .Thats it !simple it worked for me ive done 3 units in my house one was a patio door .Its been a year now and they are fine .the only downside to this is the outlay for the silca balls.Make sure you seal with silicone around the perimeter not on face edges as this creates misting ,i know this cause i did it ouch!
  • richy999
    richy999 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Good god, it must be a quite time for the double glazing repair firms... they all seem to be on here touting for business.
  • richy999 wrote: »
    Good god, it must be a quite time for the double glazing repair firms... they all seem to be on here touting for business.

yes it cetainly is!:rotfl:

anyway, for those that posted doing a DIY job, with drilling a hole etc, how are the results a few years on?

cos i need to replace some dg units, not sure what to do.....
  • We simply mount an array of Flat Screen Monitors, and, connect to the WWW Web Cams of our choice. Great for mood changes!
  • We simply mount an array of Flat Screen Monitors, and, connect to the WWW Web Cams of our choice. Great for mood changes!

@^^:rotfl:
    whats that got to do with the price of new DG units?
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you want new or you want to get your double glazing window to be repaired windowspammer. They are very professional and they will you with their best available services.

SPAM button pressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport