Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Does anyone do a lot of walking on here? Does the heat affect your feet.

Mine are so sore. Heels especially. Sure I've got some old Ugg boots I could wear today. Or I could just keep my slippers on:rotfl:

Anyone got free Moma porridge on COS.:)

Thankfully my feet don't suffer in the heat. Although I do just wear sandals when it's warm. Last year I was too ashamed of my feet to wear sandals to work due to the un-ladylike condition of my toe nails from all the running. However this summer I've been braver and got my feet out. I figure that unless you look really closely my black toe nails aren't too obvious ;).
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Ah yes:)

I have blisters on the soles on my feet. Even my comfiest shoes don't cut it:o

I'm guessing, you are new to walking? or doing significantly more than you normally would? In which case you just need to ride it out and harden your feet up, a bit like the sewing finger....

Can everyone tap and watch the vid? Just curious, because it still bugs me when you tap on links on here it opens up in the same tab whereas previously a link always use to open in a new tab, now I have to tell it to do that :(
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Venezia
    Venezia Posts: 796 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

I wonder if they will run the Pizza Express/Vue cinema offer this year. I can't remember when it usually starts.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Of course I'm dying to ask now what a double bagger is:rotfl:

If you dated what you friends classed as an ugly bloke, you could only be seen out with him if he had 2 bags on his head, to make sure if one fell off he would still have his face covered up with the other bag! :D ie they thought he was that ugly! :rotfl:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I'm guessing, you are new to walking? or doing significantly more than you normally would? In which case you just need to ride it out and harden your feet up, a bit like the sewing finger....

Can everyone tap and watch the vid? Just curious, because it still bugs me when you tap on links on here it opens up in the same tab whereas previously a link always use to open in a new tab, now I have to tell it to do that :(

Yep, tapped and it played in the same box. How do you do that please?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Venezia wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

Thanks but I'm not falling for anymore of these.
    Didn't get mine from 22nd may, was that 500 or 1000 points, can't remember. :mad:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Good morning all

mrs LDS don't know if you got a reply but the spices were to my knowledge only yesterday HTH

Hope everyone has a nice day I have shopping to pick up at Debenhams then a quick visit to GC I got into trouble for buying more pants for the 4 year old :rotfl: 5 pairs in A's for £1.50 I will take them back (Huffyface)
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Yep, tapped and it played in the same box. How do you do that please?

Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unsure what the Rainbow connection is with TCB this week......

A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    Good morning everyone.

Another scorcher said 25c on my car at 8am this morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure