Options

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, can you add me please, my date was June 5th

H x

Hi Helpmeoutofthismess, I've added you to post 1 and welcome to June's BR Club :beer:

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • dettelibre
    dettelibre Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi dettelibre and welcome to June's BR club, please could you let me know the date of your BR so I can amend post 1. Now your OR interview is over it's Onwards and upwards now :beer:

Best wishes
    IF

it was 11th June 2013
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dettelibre wrote: »
    it was 11th June 2013

Thank you dettelibre, I'll change post 1 :beer:
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • wharty
    wharty Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Me and the wife had our Interview this week and everything went fine.

OR was really nice. We wont have an IPA and were told we would be discharged June 2014. We wont get an early discharge as the government are repealing the right to early discharge in October this year.

We will have a nil tax code and we will actually get to keep some of our tax because our SOA was well below what the government recommends.

OR said it was very rare that people get to keep some of the tax we would normally pay.

Sad to be bankrupt but it's a fresh start so going to make the most of it.
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thats great news so pleased for you, try to relax now the year will fly by.......6 weeks to go for me!!! xx
  • wharty
    wharty Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Thats great news so pleased for you, try to relax now the year will fly by.......6 weeks to go for me!!! xx

Thanks i am counting the weeks for you!
  • Keeping_Positive
    Keeping_Positive Posts: 4,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck guys. I have almost put it to the back of my mind after 6 weeks. Barely any credior chasing and little contact from OR. The main concern is learning how to budget now I dont have the so calledcredit back up.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    So it's been a strange month, the phone has completely stopped ringing, well with creditors anyway! It seems so strange to just pickup and not be worried who is on the other end! Post has really dried up aswell, my postie must know something is up even if he hasn't spotted the IS stamp lol!

1 month in and my barclays online banking is still working, I live in dread they are going to catch me up and switch me off, no Internet banking sounds like a budgeting nightmare!

Anyway, no real point to my post, just thought I would mark the occasion!

H x
  • dettelibre
    dettelibre Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2013 at 12:25AM
    Options
    So it's been a strange month, the phone has completely stopped ringing, well with creditors anyway! It seems so strange to just pickup and not be worried who is on the other end! Post has really dried up aswell, my postie must know something is up even if he hasn't spotted the IS stamp lol!

1 month in and my barclays online banking is still working, I live in dread they are going to catch me up and switch me off, no Internet banking sounds like a budgeting nightmare!

Anyway, no real point to my post, just thought I would mark the occasion!

H x

much the same with me, in the last two weeks ive had 2 blu rays in the post! in fact no post is far too boring and now i have to find something to else to worry about. only thing that continues to come through now is takeaway menus, still keeps the council recycling dept busy

i would love to see have seen the creditors' faces when they received the letter from the or.

ive got a coop, are they likely to stop internet banking, i thought coop and barclays keep everything going?

also does the OR send anything from now?
  • Helpmeoutofthismess
    Options
    dettelibre wrote: »
    much the same with me, in the last two weeks ive had 2 blu rays in the post! in fact no post is far too boring and now i have to find something to else to worry about. only thing that continues to come through now is takeaway menus, still keeps the council recycling dept busy

i would love to see have seen the creditors' faces when they received the letter from the or.

ive got a coop, are they likely to stop internet banking, i thought coop and barclays keep everything going?

also does the OR send anything from now?

You'll be fine with your coop cash minder account, it's barclays that have the ridiculous no online banking rule. I had to go with barclays because I had to put my smile overdraft into my bankruptcy and they are part of the coop :sad:

I do like my barclays account though, I've even got a personalised card! Natwest make you look and feel like a second class citizen with only being allowed to use RBS ATM's and having 'BASIC' emblazoned on the front of the card! They are the also the only bank that have written to say they have closed my account so far, not a sniff from halifax yet!

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport