The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Hope baby GP recovers quickly and you can all get lots of sleep x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Get well soon Baby Greying xxx

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Oh bless, I'd wondered if that's what it was... Get well soon BG and may things be smoother, GP.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope Baby Greying is better very soon and your RL stuff sorted xx

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.millan.net%2Fminimations%2Fsmileys%2Fgetwell.gif&f=1

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgroeten.weebly.com%2Fuploads%2F1%2F5%2F3%2F5%2F15352052%2F6447052_orig.jpg&f=1

From me too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • And me. On the plus side, when wee ones start to bounce back, they generally do it quickly.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Doodles152
    Doodles152 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Hope little one is better soon, its horrible when they are little and poorly makes you feel a bit helpless.

Hope you get your other matter sorted too so you can have a little less stress in your lives
    Debts to deal with Cap 1 £3996.83 £3923.43 (0%), Next £1252.21 £1211.85 (0%) Very £294.88 £282.64, Studio £266.11 £256.11 (0%), Halifax card £277.17 £466.01:mad:
  • Good Morning :hello:

Thanks for all your kind wishes for Baby Greying - I think we're corner turning, and on the road to mending :DBG is certainly getting some of their 'boing' back anyway :D

I came on yesterday, posted a pick of Thursday night's tea - had done about 90% of the post when Baby Greying bashed the keyboard at an inopportune moment and the whole lot disappeared :( Given that it had taken an age to load the picture up to Ph0t0buk3t, i gave in and signed out :( I have just spent half an hour trying to load a picture of last night's tea (Pizza, rtandon!), and have yet to edit it, as it is taking sooooooooo long to load anything. Anyone use any other photo editing sites that are better than Pbucket? - which seems to have lost the plot, quite frankly. Otherwise I'm gonna have to give up posting pictures of us tea - I can't afford that sort of time input, for something that should be simplicity, itself.

We watched the rugger last night. I'm sure it was just me not in the mood or something, it just didn't engage me. Dunno why. Both teams played with passion, and there was some flair and a heap of determination. Probably just me over-tired or something. I have a feeling that Ireland will give everything they have next week, despite being out of contention for the title. And today's match has the potential to be terrific. You know I support England, but I think Scotland have everything in their arsenal to resoundly beat England if they knit it all together, as they seem to have been doing this championship. I hope that means it is a good game, a great rugby spectacle, all the better for, as yet, still being broadcast for 'free' on terrestrial TV.

Spending has been light of late. A few groceries, some stamps and the TV guide has been about as exciting as it gets!

Oh, I was reading that chocolate might 'have' to go up in price, due, naturally to Brexit. So how come those little bags of maLt3ser bunnies, which were either 49p or 59p a bag in HB last year, are already 95p a bag this year? They were slated as being a saving on rrp of 34p (I think), but why the jump in price already? Still, it'll do wonders for our waistlines if chocolate becomes unaffordable.

HB seems to have dropped a few lines recently, I don't know if it is a permanent thing, or just stock cycles. They don't have the coffee we buy - so we tried mrL's version - bleurk! - so, we'll have to go back to mrT's verion for about £1 extra. They also don't stock the small jars of black and green olives for 59p. But I've tried the mrL version, and those are nice, so will get them from there instead. I still ponder what the brown basmati has in common with all the italian ingredients it is put on the shelf alongside, but hey ho, what do I know about retailing?

I did forget to say we'd been to a bigger town along and got some 'proper' basmati rice :j It was £6.50 for a 5kg bag, which was more than I wanted to pay (mrT), but they were OOS of the one that was on offer at £5 for 5kg, and the one I got was the same price as mrT's EDV basmati rice (5kg), but is 'aged'. Swings and roundabouts though, I paid out more for the basmati than I wanted, but they had the 1ndus brand red lentils in stock, £4.99 for a 5kg bag - which is a brilliant price. Unfortunately, they were OOS of the 1ndus 5kg chickpeas for the same price, otherwise I would have had a bag of those too.

Baby Greying has fallen asleep on my arm. My arm has fallen asleep also. Hmmmmm, better try to move methinks.

Ta for popping in and supporting us. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • 174_zpsupbb0cgj.jpg

186_zpsxswvdveu.jpg

Probably the last 2 i'll post. I have wasted an hour of my life trying to upload and edit. I think me & Pbucket are done.

First pic is a salad bowl with a beetroot salad, made from bulghar wheat, quinoa (HB), chia seed (HB), grated beetroot (MrAl S6), lemon juice, balsamic, salt, pepper and caraway, with wild rocket (mrL 35p) and cornmeal and sesame coated tofu, with a tahini,miso, citrus dressing.

Second pic is black olive HM pizza with store bought (H3ron, £1) oven chips.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Glad BG is on the mend and that bargains have been bought. Wonder why ph/bucket has become slow?
    The reason chocolate and some other things are already dearer is that the pound has gone down against the euro by 17% since the referendum and a similar amount against the dollar and I think cocoa and much other international trade is priced in dollars.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Food looks just lush :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure