Live Mail 2012

Options

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not fully understanding this, sorry, but I can get my gmail messages using POP3 on Thunderbird.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Not fully understanding this, sorry, but I can get my gmail messages using POP3 on Thunderbird.

I don't actually think it is a problem with POP, but more that I seem "locked out" as it won't accept my password.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• derrick
    Options
    Is there a particular reason why you want to use POP? Thunderbird supports OAUTH2 and IMAP for gmail.

No reason as such, just that is how it was set up originally on Outlook Express, then to Live Mail, and as I can't get into any mail client, (except via the direct sites), I cannot check the details or change them.

• derrick
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    That link is just showing you how to use office online . Not the same.

Check your PM box

I have downloaded 2007, have managed to import my address book, it will not/cannot import my mail folders.

I have tried to send an email to my Gmail account but it just gets stuck in my outbox and won't send, (same as if I try to send from Live Mail).

• derrick
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:22AM
    Options
    That link is just showing you how to use office online . Not the same.

Did you wait for the add to finish or "skip add"? As there is a guy telling you how to install and use it.

Under Help in 2007 it says: "Office 2007 is now retired. Update to a newer Office version to get product support."

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:34AM
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Did you wait for the add to finish or "skip add"? As there is a guy telling you how to install and use it.

Did you watch the video ? ;)
    The guy is installing nothing, he is showing you how to use office online - which is not installing office

And of course office 2007 is now out of support, they want you to buy the latest version, but it still works fine

Have you entered your correct account details and your imap details for each account into outlooks settings, and used test connection ?

Again though, from previous PM's it seems you have office 2010 - or did you not install that on your own computer ?
  • derrick
    Options
    Did you watch the video ? ;)
    The guy is installing nothing, he is showing you how to use office online - which is not installing office

And of course office 2007 is now out of support, they want you to buy the latest version, but it still works fine

Have you entered your correct account details and your imap details for each account into outlooks settings, and used test connection ?

Again though, from previous PM's it seems you have office 2010 - or did you not install that on your own computer ?

OK it looks like I misinterpreted the video.

I doubt I have entered account details and imap settings, would not know where to start, I assumed as Outlook had opened and I imported email addresses and it did not show any sign in problems that it was OK, obviously not.

I have tried some settings then test and get:-
    Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Again the only version of Office I have is 2000, along with Word 2000.

• derrick
    Options
    I have tried various settings and am now getting the same result as I got with Live Mail, Thunderbird and Outlook 2007

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Login failed.

Send test e-mail message: Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.

It keeps asking for user name and password.

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you actually verified the correct server settings you need to input into any mail client yet to connect with your email services?
  • derrick
    Options
    wongataa wrote: »
    Have you actually verified the correct server settings you need to input into any mail client yet to connect with your email services?

Wouldn't know how to do that, it is a new account, I have assumed the details I have put in are correct. The reason I can't get into any of the clients is because they keep asking for my Gmail password and user name. I am using the ones I sign into Gmail where I can login without problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport