Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• I am awaiting my HTB acceptance then my complete program will go in with Halifax. ahhhhh anxious times!

Our HTB acceptance came in within 2 days! Good luck!
  • azza2007
    azza2007 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2015 at 4:22PM
    15/09/15 - Mortgage offer received in post :j

Now awaiting Seller to find a property to move to so I can instruct my solicitor to sort the legals out :)

Impressed with the speed of Leeds Building Society, just over 2 weeks from application to full offer.

After reading other peoples reviews of them on here and elsewhere online I thought I may have made a mistake but I'm glad I'm mistaken.
    azza2007 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.

Here's how my application with Leeds Building Society has gone so far :

(I am a home owner moving house )

03/08/15 - Offer accepted on my property

06/08/15 - Decision In Principle with Halifax

08/08/15 - View Property I like

18/08/15 - After clarifying buyers position, make offer on property I like (offer rejected)

18/08/15 - 2nd offer made - (Offer accepted £5k under asking) :T

22/08/15 - Gave ID, Solicitor details for the sale of my property and agreement in principle to estate agents.

24/08/15 - Estate agents advise offer has now been officially accepted after clarifying details with my solicitor for the sale of my property and the house is sold subject to contract.

27/08/15 - After speaking to a broker and doing various research decide to apply direct with Leeds Building society online as opposed to Halifax due to offering a better rate for my circumstances.

(Agreement in Principle and full application submitted online)

28/08/15 - Post off full application with all documents requested

02/09/15 - Leeds Building Society ask for an additional 2 months bank statements which were not clearly asked for at time of application.

03/09/15 - Sent off additional 2 months bank statements as requested

08/09/5 - Call for update and advised all documents have now been submitted to underwriter for review.

10/09/15 - Receive valuation report in post for property valued on 08/09/15 which was news to me as I was expecting valuation to be done once underwriter was ok with all documents submitted.

11/09/15/ - Receive letter requesting clarification of employer name, as I get paid through the parent company which is a different name to my employer.

Also get asked to send in latest payslip and bank statement (even though I don't get this till 25th September) to clarify my recent pay increase, which is a little annoying as I provided a letter from my HR department on company headed paper confirming my new pay amount, from what day, signed and dated by my company.

(LBS already have my June, July and August Payslips and Bank Statements)

I Have called LBS and advised of these two points and have to wait now possibly until Friday 18th September to see what they say.

I am just happy that the buyer is in no real rush to move in to my property and as yet the seller of the property I am buying from is still searching for somewhere to buy/ rent.

I would hate to be in this situation if either one of them was trying to move fast as all these little set backs take a full week to be answered and progressed to the next hurdle.

Good luck with everyone awaiting mortgage offers.
    :j MFW 2018#150 £0/£3000 :j
  • I been informed by our Financial Adviser today that our mortgage has been approved and the mortgage offer letter is now in post.

a) Does it means credit checks have been conducted?
    b) I am keen to buy some stuff worth £1000 through my credit card, was on hold as don't want to effect our mortgage application. Was wondering if its safe to do it now?
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 17 September 2015 at 9:07PM
    I been informed by our Financial Adviser today that our mortgage has been approved and the mortgage offer letter is now in post.

a) Does it means credit checks have been conducted?
    b) I am keen to buy some stuff worth £1000 through my credit card, was on hold as don't want to effect our mortgage application. Was wondering if its safe to do it now?

I've been advised not to have any additional spending on CCs until after completion as further credit checks can/may be done at any point until completion.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Avicov
    Avicov Posts: 36 Forumite
    Hi everyone... Thought I would join in on the timelines with Halifax so far:

4 Sep - offer accepted on house
    7 Sep - full mortgage application on phone direct to HFX
    7 Sep - mortgage valuation fee taken
    9 Sep - Valuation carried out
    10 Sep - valuation all ok
    12 Sep - submitted payslips for me and the Mrs plus signed forms at local HFX branch
    16 Sep - I called up the HFX contact centre to see where application is at. Processing looked at it today and all ok apart from a few things. Told a mortgage advisor will call me in the next day or so as they need further bonus info faxed for the Mrs and have a question on my income.

17 Sep - spoke with mortgage advisor this morning and further info faxed over in the morning
    17 Sep - called late afternoon saying they need to take mortgage arrangement fee and that's it from me

I am hoping I'm not far from the mortgage offer now!
  • sunnyx
    sunnyx Posts: 29 Forumite
    Hi,

My first post after lurking here for a while.

24/08 - Initial DIP with Halifax to search for new builds.
    11/09 - Viewed property.
    12/09 - Reservation confirmed. Developer wants to exchange in 28 days.
    14/09 - Solicitor Instructed.
    15/08 - Meeting with Broker.
    17/09 - Broker applied for Nationwide.
    18/09 - DIP accepted.
    19/09 - Text received from NW confirming application received. Valuation debited from my account.

Now awaiting valuation date. Will update soon hoping to receive a mortgage offer :)
  • I had an mortgage in principal from Nat West and then put in a full application around 3rd Sept. It's gone very quiet, no fee for the valuation taken, should I be worried because I am very worried.
  • After five weeks of stressing, we now have our mortgage offer!! :D No conditions, all seems straightforward so we are super happy! :T:T
  • Congratulations summer-james! Brilliant news!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Questions for those who've received an offer from Nationwide:
    - How long did you have to wait to get the offer in the post (i.e. after getting the text / email alert about the offer)?
    - Was the offer paperwork an FYI or did it need to be signed and sent back?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback