Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    AAA0 wrote: »
    MERFE that is crazy! They are taking the !!!!! I thought I was the only. Double check on there website. It is giving me more information than our broker. We put ours in on the 11sept a valuation done a few days later. But on on the 24th they asked us for more information I sent it straight away and we went to the back of the queue! Still waiting...our broker said wait until this Friday. However on their website it says they are looking at application reviews on the 25 and yesterday it said the 24th. Therefore we should have a answer but still nothing! I called today but he went home early and isn’t back until Thursday agh!!!! I just hope the wait is worth it to be honest and not in vain.

My response yesterday was that there was a problem with our incentives on the new build. A new form was needed so hopefully should have an answer end of this week. Fingers crossed we both know by Friday.
  • scotgal30 wrote: »
    aip - halifax 20/08
    reserved new build: 8/9/18
    full mortgage application sent via broker:1/10/18 - nationwide build society

5/10/18 - valuation carried out!!!

We didn’t even know our valuation had been organised! Our sales rep for the building company emailed to let me know!
    We didn’t get a text from nationwide like what others have said, so we thought they hadn’t done anything with our application yet. I’m so pleased it’s been complete. Hopefully we have a decision by next week!

10/10/18 - mortgage offer received!! :T :j
  • Silian
    Silian Posts: 165 Forumite
    I'll join this post for some support (and to give some support).

31/08 - AIP received and we started looking at properties
    (Found house, put in offer, withdrew offer due to overage clause. Found another property, put in offer, offer took forever to be accepted)
    25/09 Mortgage application submitted
    4/10 Informed that mortgage has been approved subject to valuation
    5/10 Informed that lender (Ha...) will not lend on property as it was flooded and timber frame. Request more information from broker and to check other lenders only to be told property is not mortgageable.
    6/10 Approach another mortgage broker
    8/10 Second mortgage broker also gives up due to 'all timber' construction
    9/10 Receive details about construction of property. It is all timber but done in 2002
    10/10 Bank comes back to say they might be willing to lend on property if we get seller's solicitor to confirm that all flood damage has been repaired and to confirm exact construction. Query send to my solicitors.

So that's where we are now - it is so stressful as it should have been a simple transaction without any chains. We were really hoping to be in our new property by Christmas when the family is coming to visit.

I have to say that the flood thing worries me as I didn't see any damage when viewing the property (or even any flood preventions other than that the property is elevated). The vendor also confirmed that the property hasn't flooded in the 30 years that he is aware of - how do we prove something that might not have happened (and why is the valuator so sure the house has flooded when they didn't even do an internal inspection?)
  • Silian
    Silian Posts: 165 Forumite
    scotgal30 wrote: »
    10/10/18 - mortgage offer received!! :T :j

Congratulations!! You must be so relieved.:beer:
  • 16/09/18 - Seen Property
    17/09/18 - AIP approved from Halifax
    18/09/18 - Offer submitted on house
    19/09/18 - Offer declined
    20/09/18 - Revised offer submitted
    20/09/18 - Offer accepted
    20/09/18 - Halifax Mortgage application submitted.
    25/09/18 - Halifax Formal Mortgage offer sent out.
    27/09/18 - Formal Offer received to myself and Solicitor.
    10/10/18 - Missives concluded and everything sorted.

Now just the wait, roll on 9/11/2018!!
  • 8/9/18 - Property reserved (New build)
    13/9/18 - HTB application submitted
    18/9/18 - HTB officer asked to confirm some information in my application and relied them immediately.
    20/9/18 - ATP received
    1/10/18 - Full application submitted to Halifax via broker and valuation booked on 5/10/18 (Friday)
    5/10/18 - call from seller office saying that the valuation has been done
    8/10/18 - update from broker saying that the valuation is done and the lender is doing the final check before signing off, and very likely to get the approval on Wednesday (10/10/18)
    10/10/18 - Broker confirmed that the mortgage has been approved and sent me the electronic copy of formal offer (dated 9/10/18).
    11/10/18 - formal offer received in post.

Very impressed with Halifax efficiency given that I am a visa holder with HTB and it took just five working days from application to approval.

I had been very nervous as Halifax is the only lender who would consider my application (5% deposit plus non EEA nationals). First local mortgage advisor (recommended by seller, excellent review on trustpilot for bad credit) refused to help. He firstly helped me to obtain AIP from Santander (strangely as I knew I am not qualified for their mortgage) and two days later he told me he couldn't help to get me a mortgage from either Santander and Halifax. My world was turned upside down. Then, I went back to an online MA who I firstly spoken to before appointing the local MA. They weren't appointed in the first place because the seller (a sales lady) thought they are just unknown robot (which I strongly believe not!) Online MAs are extremely helpful in answering my questions and happy to help me to proceed the full application. Such a relief!

Wish you all good luck and do not give up your hope!!!
  • Can I join? Just got a call from the EA that my offer was accepted and the property will be taken off the market. Next step - have a chat with my broker, and solicitor.
  • mouthscradle
    mouthscradle Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    We've now applied for our mortgage, so putting my timeline in (if I can remember it :think:):

10/09/18 - Viewed house
    18/09/18 - Increased offer finally accepted after some to-ing and fro-ing
    24/09/18 - Started new job! Applied for proof of salary letter from HR
    04/10/18 - Salary letter received, phoned First Direct to do initial part of application. Made appointment for full application phone call. Uploaded payslips and salary letter as requested
    10/10/18 - Full mortgage application phone call
    11/10/18 - Mortgage Key Facts received by email. Phoned to pay booking fee. Our independent Homebuyers survey carried out.
    12/10/18 - Told valuation booked in for 16/10/18.

So far so good!
    Mother, wife, scientist, analyst.
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Received our formal mortgage offer from Santander today, I know someone else was also waiting for Santander. It's taken so long.

1/09/18 reserved new build
    11/09/18 mortgage application went in
    20/09/18 request for tax credit award notice
    26/09/18 HTB authority to proceed received
    28/09/18 Valuation took place
    9/10/18 Chased up with broker who advised at some point they had to resend the CML, something to do with the incentives not being acceptable
    15/10/18 formal mortgage offer received.
  • ftbwannabe wrote: »
    Tiny update: a valuation was instructed, & booked, the same day that we had our DIP. That valuation is happening tomorrow. I’m assuming the underwriter won’t start until after a successful valuation, so still expecting a few weeks (or more) until full mortgage decision.
    Update: no firm news, just fuel for worry:
    Had a copy of the valuation report direct from the surveyors, & they are recommending a small-but-unaffordable retention. We won't be able to afford this place unless we get the full 95% mortgage up front. Need to wait to hear what the lender actually offers, which I guess will still be a week or more. Feels like the time-frame should move up now I am expecting bad news, but I suppose the underwriting process will take as long as it would if the valuation was 100% positive?
    Have been pretty good at not being stressed up until this point, but it's caught up with me now. Really want this place, & hope the seller will be helpful if there are any retentions in final mortgage offer.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport