22 Foxhole East

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh gods my kids are horrid this week. It is like someone has swapped them, and the little changlings are the devil's spawn.

DS 2 decided to lie and tell me parents' evening was cancelled. No letters about it, nothing. But it was in the newsletter in February and I had put it in my diary. Found out by googling name of school + online booking + year 7 parents evening. The little toad. There is another one on Tues next week, but the booking had closed already, so I had to go into his school, tell the receptionist that he had been lying about it and ask for whatever appointments they had left. So embarrassing.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has he confessed yet as to WHY he needs you not to go to parents' evening?
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Poor you having to go through that. Surely must be a reason he'd do that?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Oh gods my kids are horrid this week. It is like someone has swapped them, and the little changlings are the devil's spawn.

DS 2 decided to lie and tell me parents' evening was cancelled. No letters about it, nothing. But it was in the newsletter in February and I had put it in my diary. Found out by googling name of school + online booking + year 7 parents evening. The little toad. There is another one on Tues next week, but the booking had closed already, so I had to go into his school, tell the receptionist that he had been lying about it and ask for whatever appointments they had left. So embarrassing.

:eek::eek: the little so-and-so - I hope he's thoroughly embarrassed and sorry, there's no reason for you to be - I'd be spitting feathers. Has something happened to make him do this, or is he worried about what might be said at the parents evening?

If it's any consolation a friend's son went up to Yr 7 this year - he could be a little toe rag outside school but generally donned his halo in primary....moves up to secondary, and he manages to be suspended before xmas :eek: My friend thinks he has also been replaced by the devils spawn too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Forumite
    edited 8 May 2017 at 7:14PM
    I had his report from school at Easter and it was all fine.

I think he just thinks he is being clever.
    Too clever by half.

Just found out a friend from about 10 years ago has had a baby! Was very surprised as she was quite a bit older than me, was very happy for her as she has not had it easy.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    My sister in law had her first at 41. In this area there are tonnes of first timers in their late 30s to mid 40s.

When I had DD I was 36 and I thought I'd get a hammering for being over 35, as thats what all the literature bangs on about. But do you know, not one medical person said a word. And another person I know said they dont bat an eyelid up to over 40 now because of the trend up here.

I have friends from home who will have 18 year olds by the time they are 40. I cant imagine that. But Im guessing they cant imagine having them older either, its just what you are used to.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    She is a good bit older than mid 40s Bobs, she was completely surprised herself!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    She is a good bit older than mid 40s Bobs, she was completely surprised herself!

Best of luck to her x

Bobs - I'm not that far from you and you're right about the older mother thing lots of my friends have just had their first. I'm heading into late 30's and my mum keeps giving me that 'clock's ticking' kind of look...trouble is I think my clock was swallowed by the crocodile in Peter Pan cos I've never heard it be wound up never mind tick tock :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I was 27 when I had my first - and 39 when I had no 4 -and had lots of comments from health professionals about being an older mum (and more tests as a result)
    My sister is pregnant at 41 :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    Just back from Parents Evening. No major concerns from any of his teachers, and I have seen them all tonight.

Wonder what goes on in his fuzzy little head.
    Glad to know he is not in trouble, not one of them has any concerns about his behaviour, and they all seem to like him.

I have painted a large Ikea square box with a lid the most lovely spangley silver and it is now a laundry basket for the three bedrooms on the top floor. It is on the landing so there is no excuse, they could throw their dirty clothes from their bedroom doors and they could hit it.

Still stripping the awful paint off the plaster in the kitchen. Scrape scrape scrape. Utterly boring but nearly finished.

Only three weeks until Whitsun holiday, and then it is the slide down to the Summer holidays. I need to get on with the planning for that.
    This week is....
    getting quotes for double glazing.
    getting quotes for the shower.
    Finding a plasterer.

We sat and rejigged our finances last night and have a saved budget of 10k. Of course DH doesn't want to spend any of it. He says we need to start thinking about DS1 going to university and saving for it. DS1 is 14.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure