PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stretching leather shoes?

Comments

• annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    I wear mine around the house with socks - very classy!!!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    kittiwoz wrote:
    Put a polybag filled with water into the front bit and put them in the freezer. The water will expand and stretch the shoes.
    Darn,I was going to suggest that one ;)
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Stuff with newspaper & leave on a warm radiator for a few hours.
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the suggestions! Will try the water in the poly bag one tomorrow :)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • rebl43
    rebl43 Posts: 670 Forumite
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help...
    I bought my daughter a gorgeous pair of shoes but the first time she wore them (yesterday) they gave her horrible blisters. :cry:
    Is it possible to strtch them at all?
    They are made of leather.
    Thanks!!:D
    :smileyhea
    Rachel xx
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd try stuffing them really well with damp newspaper for a couple of days , and if that didn't work take them to an old fashioned cobbler they have lastes (sp?) that they will stretch new shoes on....
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Try this-fill a leak-proof plastic bag with water(may be best to use 2 bags).Ease the sealed bag into the shoe and put it in the freezer.Water will expand as it freezes and so stretch the shoe.HTH:)
  • RacyRed
    RacyRed Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You can get shoe stretch spray, Kiwi do one. It really works and ensures the shoe stretches to accomodate the foot wearing it.

I almost always treat new shoes with it these days as I blister very easily.
    My first reply was witty and intellectual but I lost it so you got this one instead :D
    Proud to be a chic shopper
    :cool:
  • I've got something like this. Leather shoes stretch quite easily, leave it in for about a week, but manmade are not so stretchy
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    I've got something like this. Leather shoes stretch quite easily, leave it in for about a week, but manmade are not so stretchy

These are really good. These are what cobblers use - just more 'industrial' type ones :D Shoestretchers are also really good if you have bunions and stuff cos the come with little black knobbly bits that you can add to the stretcher in the place where your own bumps are so you get it stretched in the right place :T

The stretching spray that Racy talks about works well too. About £2.50 a can and it literally softens the leather once its been sprayed and then you wear the shoes and they 'mould' to your feet.
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure