22 Foxhole East

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Slutty slutty foxes woke me up this morning and I am grumpy with lack of sleep.

Have managed to get DHs car close enough to the front of the house to be able to hoover it. Step Gran will not get into a dirty car, and DHs car is covered in mud. So I will be cleaning that in the morning.

Making lists of what I can take with me

Tried to get m-i-l and f-i-l birthday gifts, but have come up blank. It is hard when people you don't really know, and who can buy whatever they want, need a present. I should just buy them a big box of chocolates and be done with it. Seems lazy though.

So just cleaning and tidying the house today and later getting the two youngest from after school football training.

There is no internet access where I am going, so will not be back until the 4th.

See you later!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:32AM
    Right, back a week now.

Hall stripped now, have rung the plasterer, waiting for him to get back to me.

Sadly Mr Hamster #1 died while we were away. DH found him, he was traumatised. Now he keeps looking at Mr Hamster #2. Tick... tock..... tick..... tock.......

Coming back after 10 days away, I have noticed I need a new bed and matress, and the sofas are looking tired. Mind you they are 10 years old so they should be looking tired. They have done well.

I have made overpayments to the mortgage so far this month totalling £127.52. Will throw the child benefit at it as well once it comes in at the end of the month.

The roof will need doing. During the snow we lost a few tiles. It is not leaking, but if we have a warm summer, we will lose a few more as the nails are disintegrating after a mere 120 years. I have the money to get it done, so I will book it in once the weather improves a bit. Will also get a few more quotes.

But that means I will have no money left and I will have to save up all over again.

DH is going to have a tooth implant. He has an appt at the end of the month, and he is kind of counting on a bill of about £2000. That is all his savings (he has an ebay and amazon habit) He is not going to change. Hopefully he will choose a monthly payment plan, but who knows? The Emergency Fund is anathama to him.

So all talk of showers, bathrooms, or kitchens will have to go onto the back burner until I win a large sum of money.

What I can do is get the hall and stairs plastered and painted white. Money allocated and sitting in the account.

Find some mirrors and put them up - that will make a huge difference. - Why do mirrors have to be so heavy?

Put up a few shelves in the living room, to get the last bits off the floor (dvd's in neat piles) and will make the board games more accessible and get rid of a tv unit that simply does not work and takes up more space than is needed. Might get a tenner for it.

Put up a mirror and a shelf in the bedroom, once I have painted it, (the lining paper is already up) it just needs a lick of paint and job done.

DH is away next weekend. So I will try and get those bits done (not the plastering obv) while he is out of the way. He will be suitably impressed.

That will take me up to the end of April.

Mortgage currently stands at ££107,904.65 with a daily interest of £4.72

I am aiming to be under £107k after 1st May.
    Which is also my 20th wedding anniversary.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm liking your daily interest amount... if only :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • I needed a large mirror for a boast wall that wouldn't take much weight. The Swedish shop obliged.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    Hmm, might have to resort to the Land of Swede. Was hoping to find a bargain somewhere in my junk shop trips. It feels more like recycling.

The hall is now stripped down to the front door, so I have been trying to get the other plasterer to come back, but he has back to back house extensions, and is booked up until August-ish. He is going to give me a number of someone he has worked with. Will wait with bated breath..................

Cleaned and hoovered top floor today. The middle floor is tomorrow and the ground floor on Wednesday. That way I can get all the laundry sorted at the same time and back on the right floor in the same day.

DS1 is off on his geography field trip. It is odd. I only really see him at mealtimes, but I miss knowing he is on the top floor being moody. It feels very strange to only have 3 kids. There have not even been any arguements tonight. No shouting. Very pod-people-ish.

Budgets set, menus planned.
    Lists made for the week. All sorts of things I want to get done, and there are 6 appts with various dental people next week, so lots of running around.

Stupid pollen doing my head in.
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    edited 17 April 2018 at 8:33PM
    The very young plasterer just left. The last plasterer recommended him.

DS2s bedroom ( a good sized double ) ceiling to be boarded and skimmed and the top of the stairs down to the front door, both sides.of the hall - £580. I had budgetted £500 so I am quite happy with that, and he can do it the end of next week. It will be 3 days work.

So I will again be down to £0.00 in the 'doing stuff fund' until payday, which to be fair, is only three days after the plastering is to be paid for, and apart from the upstairs bathroom, that should be the top floors done.

Might start thinking about considering the prospect of carpet options... once the fun of painting newly plastered walls and ceilings white wears off.

It is weird with no DS1. There have still not been any arguements with the other three. Exceptional behaviour.

Baked this afternoon - peanut butter flapjacks, sponge buns with caramel icing, sultana sponge buns and chocolate bundt with chocolate icing.

Supper was a sausage, peppers, garlic, onions and roast potato traybake thing, served on a bed of rocket, grated carrot and shredded white cabbage, with olives and sliced mushroom antipasti stuff, thing. Sounds weird but it was lovely. And masses of veg.

Tidied and hoovered the middle floor today. I have a pile of stuff I no longer need or want (currently on the ground floor in the back room) A pile of books I have read. A couple of dresses that are a size 10 whereas I no longer am. So tonight I have a much clearer and tidier bedroom. I think I may be able to sell a few bits. Will give it a go.

There. The plan. Some things are happening.
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    Took DS1s mattress topper to the launderette. £5.50 later it is wet and on the line.

Bought a little wooden set of drawers (think ikea type thing that would go on a shelf or a desktop) for £6 from the charity shop. Hopefully DH will take the hint to tidy his tat or I will do it for him.

Went to the second hand furniture warehouse and bought a tv for £40. DS2 keeps borrowing mine to play on his xbox. I have been meaning to get one for him to use for ages. As I had to spend today I thought I might as well do it.

Still no chest of drawers for me - which was what I went in to look for, but while I was there I got chatting to the man who owns the warehouse. He has just cleared a whole hotel just up the road. All the bedroom stuff is out on display, but the chairs were all piled up in the most enormous floor to ceiling pile of stuff.
    With us needing 3 x 2 seater sofas or 1 x 3 seater and 2 x 2 seaters, I will give him a few days and head back at the weekend and see if I can find anything that will do us.
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    I have made a list of all the things I need to replace that have become worn and no longer comfy.

It is a long list. With some high ticket items. Boo

DH has just had the phone call from the garage to say his tyre is knackered and the others aren't great either. So it is £200+ but we have separate finances so at least my budget is not blown and when he goes away on Friday I will not have to worry about his car misbehaving on him.

I have lost the packet of rocket seeds I bought, so I have had to buy another one. It will save money in the long run, and the basil seeds have started sprouting already. Must be the warm weather. No sign of anything else though.
    I am an impatient gardener.
    I am an impatient saver.
    I am an impatient mortgage overpayer.
    I think I may just be an impatient everything.....

Hair washed and plaited to give it a wave when it has dried.
    Slapping on lotions from christmas
    Watching the marathon and want to get back into running.
  • f0xh0les
    Forumite
    edited 19 September 2018 at 9:31AM
    Stairs and hall plastered and drying nicely..
    DS2 bedroom ceiling being started at 7.30 am tomorrow.

DH is going away camping with his friends for the weekend leaving me with the kids. It is the first of 4 weekends away with his friends this year. (He does it every year. I stopped him from going one year as I was heavily pg with number 2. The sulking was not worth it - apparently I was stopping him from having any fun).
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    (He does it every year. I stopped him from going one year as I was heavily pg with number 2. The sulking was not worth it - apparently I was stopping him from having any fun).

I do hope you pointed out being heavily pg with DS#2 wasn't any fun either though :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport