PPI Refund Help Please

Options
I received a final response from Santander regarding a Loan taken out with Alliance & Leicester in 2003 for £5000 they have offered me the sum of £891.27 which seems to me to be pretty low compared to PPI claims I have had regarding other loans I had over the years.
There offer of £891.27 consists of £506.40 representing the total PPI premiums. It also includes £384.87 in respect of interest payable to 31 March 2018. ( I don't think this goes bck to 2003 tho)

I do not want to accept this offer can anyone help with calculation and what to do nxt please.

Thank You!

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have any evidence you paid more?

Getting more money from other complaints has no link to this one
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There is no correlation between what you have received in recompense from other finance and this. You receive a refund (plus interest) of what you actually paid.

Only if you have documentary evidence that you paid more than the bank has offered will you have any chance of receiving any more.

Sorry.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Without knowing the actual PPI on the agreement and if the loan went to term, we cannot help with the figures.

Ask them how they worked this out, they are the only ones who can tell you. I assume you have no paperwork but did the bank?.

You could have repaid the loan early so you would not have paid all of the PPI, this could be why the redress is not what you think it should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure