Reclaim CPP article discussion

Comments

• I remembered it when the renewal form has popped thru the letterbox. cut my loss and cancel. Shame they don't just do a keysafe policy as that would be great.
  • Is it too late for me to claim CPP compensation? I've read that the deadline expired in 2014 but wasn't sure if I could go direct to the Ombudsman and still get some compensation back. I remember being charged £70+ / year for many years for this!
    Thanks a lot
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You're several years too late, I'm afraid...
  • rjones99 wrote: »
    I I've read that the deadline expired in 2014 but wasn't sure if I could go direct to the Ombudsman and still get some compensation back.
    The Ombudsman cannot award you anything.

Did your CPP pre-date the post 2005 refund scheme?

If so, you should complain to the original seller.

If not, you are too late by several years,
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I found a "thanks for renewing your CPP" letter from NatWest last week dated 2005. I called up their CPP department and said I just realized I had CPP and they just sent me a cheque for £105 for premiums and interest for the policy before 2005.
    The policy after 2005 which should be another £105 was not covered as I binned the CPP letter as I thought it was another PPI company touting for business.

I'm keeping the paperwork as i'm sure there is a case in the future for big banks not putting their names to the notifications about CPP reclaim. Had the letter been from NatWest on behalf of CPP (who i'd not heard of until this week) I would have read it much more carefully and made the connection.
  • andyca wrote: »
    I'm keeping the paperwork as i'm sure there is a case in the future for big banks not putting their names to the notifications about CPP reclaim.
    I think you'll find that your paperwork is not worth £105 and that it should now be simply be shredded and binned.

You'll never get anywhere complaining that the Banks should have taken responsibility for CPP's refund scheme!

Very imaginative of you, though :D
  • andyca
    There's a whole article on the MSE website dedicated to how poor the CPP communications were.
    The bank sold the scheme, I think they should have been mentioned on the paperwork.
    I'll keep them for now Moneyineptitude.
    whole article on the MSE website dedicated to how poor the CPP communications were.
    Are you really expecting anything to come of that now, almost four years on from it's publication ?

Face it, you missed the bus on this one..
  • andyca
    £850 million is quite a bit of money to leave on the table.
    Who knows? I don't, and you don't either. :p
    It's worth keeping 5 sheets of paper for another few years.

People can be very quick to present opinion as fact on these forums. My view on a car insurance technicality was quickly dismissed last month. I was proved right and saved £765
    My view on a car insurance technicality was quickly dismissed last month. I was proved right and saved £765
    Yeah. that's the same;)

The CPP refund scheme was wound up 4 years ago. The scheme's operation was agreed with the Regulator and any monies unclaimed by August 2014 are no longer available. So you can keep your paperwork in perpetuity if you want to, it still won't ever be worth £105!

Trust me, I do know this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport