Make £10 a day May 2017 - everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £2.42 ebay for me to add.
    Monday my tax credits didn't go in so I rang them today and they said that I've had my allowance and that's it now. I was originally told they would be paid until July :(
    I now have 4 months before my little boy gets free nursery hours to try and replace the £320 a month I was getting. I have no idea how I am even going to pay the bills that is our food shopping and petrol money every week.
    Stressed does not cover it, and we were meant to be going on our first family holiday next month but I'm thinking I might have to cancel it :(

Write to them. Put it in writing recorded delivery. Keep copied. Ask them for your sar. Ask them to explain when your benefits started and were due to finish.

Do it asap. They made have made a mistake.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    shelly, sorry about the problems you are having at the moment. I hope you can get something sorted and manage to get a bit of a family break.

Lynne, lovely to see you. I worry about you when you aren't here, plus miss you:)

As soon as I'd posted yesterday before I'd even shut down the laptop my connection dropped out again:mad:. Couldn't get back online until this evening:(. I'm no technical expert;) and all afternoon I was thinking the next step would be getting an engineer in or something. I've just received a long email from PlusNet detailing what they've done with my settings (something to do with the length of the line and the signal to noise ratio whatever that is). They've adjusted something or other somehow(you can tell how techie I am, can't you:rotfl:) remotely and will monitor it for me over the next week and if it doesn't result in major improvement they'll send an engineer to check the wiring in the house. I'm very impressed as I didn't have to chase this up or spend ages waiting for something to be done:j. All I did was phone them and ask why my connection was dropping out.
  • fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome messages :-)

I cashed out £20.47 on Profile Academic today :-) and did a 17p One Pulse ! Advertised something on Facebook and someone says they're coming tomorrow to buy it at £50. Fingers crossed they turn up.
  • Aesop
    Options
    fluffig wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome messages :-)

I cashed out £20.47 on Profile Academic today :-) and did a 17p One Pulse ! Advertised something on Facebook and someone says they're coming tomorrow to buy it at £50. Fingers crossed they turn up.

Well done. I hope they do turn up.
  • Aesop
    Options
    shelly, sorry about the problems you are having at the moment. I hope you can get something sorted and manage to get a bit of a family break.

Lynne, lovely to see you. I worry about you when you aren't here, plus miss you:)

As soon as I'd posted yesterday before I'd even shut down the laptop my connection dropped out again:mad:. Couldn't get back online until this evening:(. I'm no technical expert;) and all afternoon I was thinking the next step would be getting an engineer in or something. I've just received a long email from PlusNet detailing what they've done with my settings (something to do with the length of the line and the signal to noise ratio whatever that is). They've adjusted something or other somehow(you can tell how techie I am, can't you:rotfl:) remotely and will monitor it for me over the next week and if it doesn't result in major improvement they'll send an engineer to check the wiring in the house. I'm very impressed as I didn't have to chase this up or spend ages waiting for something to be done:j. All I did was phone them and ask why my connection was dropping out.

What a result. I do hear good things about plus net.

Friend is having to replace wiring as BT say their responsibility as runs into the house.

The problem is that bt boxes and wiring are so old. They all need replacing..
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    £4 Amazon vouchers
    £5 sun savers

Thanks for mentioning sun savers. My parents get the Sun so when I was there tonight I downloaded the app on to my mums phone and showed her how to enter the codes. She said they used to do sun perks but then didn't use them. I told her this is just cash in the bank once a month! She is ok with online stuff, not like my dad who is a real technophobe, but is a bit forgetful so I set her up with reminders too. You can enter the codes up to 5 weeks after they are printed so we put 2 in while I was there and I told her to look for any old papers too. They have probably all been recycled by now but hopefully they will remember from now on.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    Options
    £2.42 ebay for me to add.
    Monday my tax credits didn't go in so I rang them today and they said that I've had my allowance and that's it now. I was originally told they would be paid until July :(
    I now have 4 months before my little boy gets free nursery hours to try and replace the £320 a month I was getting. I have no idea how I am even going to pay the bills that is our food shopping and petrol money every week.
    Stressed does not cover it, and we were meant to be going on our first family holiday next month but I'm thinking I might have to cancel it :(

I really feel for you. My OH has just received a letter from them chasing money going back to a joint claim with his ex. They split in 2010.

They are very disorganised so it is definitely worth querying it like Aesop says. Really hope you don't have to cancel your holiday xxx
  • shariann
    Options
    £6 MOC used in Tesco yesterday to add
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 May 2017 at 11:43PM
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    What a result. I do hear good things about plus net.

Friend is having to replace wiring as BT say their responsibility as runs into the house.

The problem is that bt boxes and wiring are so old. They all need replacing..

I'm worried that we'll need the phone wiring replacing, it's so old, from 1970s, and I'm sure performance would improve with an upgrade. It won't affect the internet speed though as that's dire, due to being so far from the exchange and very rural. I think it will cost a lot to have the internal wiring done as I think that external wiring and phone line work is free but once it's inside the householder has to pay:eek:. If I can keep mine going for a bit longer without having to pay I'll be really pleased;). If an engineer came to investigate he'd probably be horrified and insist on getting it replaced:eek:

Forgot to say, no money made for a few days:o. Still waiting for auction cheque:(.
  • Zjc77
    Zjc77 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Can I join mid month? If I leave it till June I'll forget to do it? If so I'll put £100 for the month to get me started. I need plenty of ideas and motivation your all doing really well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure