How Much Will You Spend In 2017? Challenge

Comments

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    I need to get better at tracking expenses but wouldn't want to declare every spend online. If I join could I just update as to whether I have successfully tracked spending each week and any insights etc from the process?

That is fine *Jellie*. I just think it will be interesting to see how much we spend in a year,with myself if I am craving sweet things it may deter me from spending money and putting on weight , if I track everything.
    *Jellie* you are No.5
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• Can i join? Half the problem with my budget is money being spent on random unallocated stuff i dont need and before i know it iv wasted £££'s per month doing this. Will get my budget worked out this month and see what totals im going for. Im a member of the save 12k in 17 thread too so it will work well with this one.
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • I_Love_comps
    Can i join? Half the problem with my budget is money being spent on random unallocated stuff i dont need and before i know it iv wasted £££'s per month doing this. Will get my budget worked out this month and see what totals im going for. Im a member of the save 12k in 17 thread too so it will work well with this one.

Welcome to the challenge, you are No.6
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• Thanks, hopefully I can stay committed so I see where every single penny goes. Il try and stop spending cash and use cards so it's easier to total up! A rough count up today shows I should be spending about £2,800 pcm...will finalise this before the end of the year and make sure it's realistic. If so Itl allow me to pay all my debts and going by this years income save £12,000 too :j excited for it :cool:
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    I'd like to join this but I have a suggestion. How about we look at last years expenditure and guess what 2017's will be and then aim to shave 10% or whatever you want to off it.

For example in YNAB I plan to spend no more than £11,100 across the below categories.

My pocket money
    OH pocket money
    Son pocket money
    Animal expenses
    Clothing
    Health and Beauty
    Lottery
    Petrol
    Groceries
    Presents
    Mobile Phone
    Car Maintenance

And that's not including bills!!

When doing my budget the monthly amounts seem so reasonable but when I add it up.....I'm gobsmacked. So if I want to save 10% then my yearly budgeted spend should be £9990

So I need to aim to spend £92.50 less a month.

Was that too convoluted?
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • I_Love_comps
    I'd like to join this but I have a suggestion. How about we look at last years expenditure and guess what 2017's will be and then aim to shave 10% or whatever you want to off it.

For example in YNAB I plan to spend no more than £11,100 across the below categories.

My pocket money
    OH pocket money
    Son pocket money
    Animal expenses
    Clothing
    Health and Beauty
    Lottery
    Petrol
    Groceries
    Presents
    Mobile Phone
    Car Maintenance

And that's not including bills!!

When doing my budget the monthly amounts seem so reasonable but when I add it up.....I'm gobsmacked. So if I want to save 10% then my yearly budgeted spend should be £9990

So I need to aim to spend £92.50 less a month.

Was that too convoluted?

Welcome to this challenge. I do not have a clue what I will have spent in 2016. I shall just be sticking to what I spend in 2017. It is a good idea though.

Your number for this challenge is No.7 and Good Luck.

My Challenges

• Hi can I join please, I became debt free 2 days ago, I started a new profile as my old one was a negative lol.
    How Much Will You Spend In 2017 #8
  • I_Love_comps
    NJS2016 wrote: »
    Hi can I join please, I became debt free 2 days ago, I started a new profile as my old one was a negative lol.

Welcome to the challenge , you are No.8

My Challenges

• Welcome to the challenge , you are No.8

Thank you :)
    How Much Will You Spend In 2017 #8
  • Hi ILoveComps, could I join this challenge. I'm really trying to get a grip on my spending this year and this would really help me focus. I tend to do most spending on CC (for the rewards) but have noticed that I've stopped checking where it is going. I know my biggest spend is on food so am hoping committing to this challenge will help me really pay attention to what I'm doing with my money.
    Thanks a million
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family