The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Unable to alter data usage warning ?

deejaybee
deejaybee Posts: 885
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Hi

Been using a Samsung J5/6 for about 3 years now and its fine for what i need. On a monthly contract with O2 ( i bought the phone from Tesco, and have sim-only contract )

Anyway i originally had 250 MB data allowance, but a while back i upgraded my plan as i needed more minutes, and with that i went up to 500 MB data.

But my phone still thinks i have 250MB allowance, and i get " Mobile Data limit exceeded " messages which is annoying...

If i go into Settings/ Data Usage - there is no way to adjust the limit..

Is this something that i need to speak about to O2 - or is there another route somewhere to change the limit ?

Ta

Comments

• pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,932
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Under Settings / Network / Data Usage I can click on Billing Cycle and then change the billing date and the data limit.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,408
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mrs B has 250 GB (?) from Three
    She regularly gets texts from Three saying 'you've nearly used all your data' and then, when she checks ... she still has about half left! :(

Any ideas how to stop this one?
  • deejaybee
    Forumite
    pramsay13 wrote: »
    Under Settings / Network / Data Usage I can click on Billing Cycle and then change the billing date and the data limit.

Cheers :)

I have a different menu - SETTINGS /connections / Data Usage/ Billing cycle and data warning.

But Billing cycle and data warning is " Greyed out " so i cant change anything..

Ah well , will just have to wait until end of month and it should reset then. I dont usually exceed even the " old" 250 MB limit, but went away for few days and WiFi was bad/unavailable.
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,932
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My data limit is greyed out elsewhere but I can change it by going into the billing cycle section so might be worth looking elsewhere for it.
    Do you have a search function in the settings?
  • tonygold
    tonygold Posts: 1,125
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    download from the playstore 'data counter widget' by Roy Solberg - it's free.
    you can then set what ever limits you like on it and it shows daily, weekly and monthly totals of both wifi and data use.

very handy if on a tight data bundle.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    On mine (Android P) it's Settings>Network & Internet>Data usage>Data warning & limit>Data warning

Tap on it and set.

tonygold wrote: »
    download from the playstore 'data counter widget' by Roy Solberg - it's free.
    you can then set what ever limits you like on it and it shows daily, weekly and monthly totals of both wifi and data use.

very handy if on a tight data bundle.

Not of much use for the OP to stop the present early messages though.
  • deejaybee
    Forumite
    Sorted it now !

I had to go into the menu while using data, and then the relevant bits were no longer greyed out, as they were when on WiFi

Cheers for all the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport