NOW broadband and bad providers

Options
Hi all,

doing a search for a new broaadband provider and have found NOW broadband plus others but i wanted to know what NOW broadband was like and what other service providers i should be avoiding.

Kind regards Mark

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've just moved to Now Fibre BB, and have had no problems at all, either technically or with customer service.

The only issue is that their router is quite basic, and there is no USB port (so cannot connect network storage).

I was previously with Talktalk, and never had any problems with them, either, despite their poor reputation.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with NowTV for BB fibre and can heartily recommend them, the WiFi is a lot better than I was expecting too.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I moved from PN ADSL to NOW and it went smooth as silk. I've been with NOW for about 6 weeks and no problems at all, speeds are slightly up on what I was getting with PN.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with NowTV for BB fibre and can heartily recommend them, the WiFi is a lot better than I was expecting too.

I should have added that I was with Sky for ADSL up until a house move for 10 years and never had a problem with them, the only reason I moved to NowTV was price (£20 for UL fibre which Sky couldn't come near). Before that I was with BT and never had an issue either.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    Sky is very good.

And NOW is part of Sky
  • Tallmarky76
    Tallmarky76 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and like one of you im with sky at the moment but am looking to move purely because of their prices.
    I think when the time comes in august to give sky my notice to leave i will move to NOW broadband.

Thank you all once again Mark
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2018 at 9:42AM
    Options
    sky are quite good on retention deals.

just go on their website near the time.

press a few buttons, like I'm thinking of leaving.
    because of the price. And it should offer you a deal.

don't need to talk to anyone
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    sky are quite good on retention deals.

just go on their website near the time.

press a few buttons, like I'm thinking of leaving.
    because of the price. And it should offer you a deal.

don't need to talk to anyone

They certainly weren't with BB for myself a month or two ago. That said there is someone on the Sky TV retention deals thread that's just got a really decent deal off them so perhaps they're having one of their periodic swings.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses and like one of you im with sky at the moment but am looking to move purely because of their prices.
    I think when the time comes in august to give sky my notice to leave i will move to NOW broadband.

Thank you all once again Mark

Check the deals at the time obviously as they come and go for all suppliers.
  • Space_Captain
    Options
    I have signed up with Now Broadband as my Sky deal is ending in a few weeks. Sky wouldn't go any cheaper than £19 line rental and £10 ADSL.
    Now has a summer offer on ADSL of £15 a month which includes line rental and Quidco are offering £65 cashback on top.

I could have got fibre but maybe next year. I get approx 16 Mbps download with Sky at the moment and I would expect similar from Now. The Now Hub 2 looks good as well but only 2 ethernet ports so I'll have to get a Gigabit switch attached to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure