PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

happytails
happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 6 October 2017 at 11:50AM in House buying, renting & selling
So the other thread has gone awol so thought i'd start a new one! It was keeping me sort of sane during the house buying/selling process!

A place to document your timelines and discuss the triumphs and woes of moving house!:T

My timeline -
Offer received and accepted on our house 17/07
Offer made and accepted on the house we want 17/07
Solicitors Instructed 17/07
Meeting with mortgage advisor, all docs given 18/07
Mortgage application submitted to Nationwide 19/07
Documents picked up and filled in from Solicitor 19/07
Documents and ID returned to Solcitor 20/07
Valuation booked 20/07
Solicitor composes draft contract & starts local searches 25/07
Valuation carried out 26/07
Solicitor gave us our fixtures and fittings form for purchase and requested marriage certificate 26/07
My buyers valuation carried out 27/07
Mortgage offer given 27/07

Sarah

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Hi all! For more help with your move read our guide:

50+ House Buying Tips
DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035

Comments

• alihud
    alihud Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Exchanged today should be happy but I have to be out in three weeks and have nowhere to go ��
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2017 at 7:03PM
    My full timeline.

21/04 DIP accepted with Nationwide
    05/05 offer made on house
    05/05 offer accepted
    08/05 full application submitted
    10/05 valuation booked for 15/05
    10/05 Marriage certificate requested and scanned to MA
    15/05 Text from Nationwide to say they'd received the valuation report
    17/05 proof of gifted deposit requested and scanned to MA who then sent it straight to Nationwide.
    22/05 heard from broker that valuation is fine and signed off
    23/05 heard from broker that nationwide didn't realise they had my marriage certificate and it was still outstanding. When they did see they had it, they said they were going to "action it". Advised that they'll issue an offer by the end of the week.
    25/05 Received text confirming the offer
    17/07 full deposit and solicitors fees paid
    21/07 exchanged
    28/07 completion (tomorrow).

:j

Doesn't quite feel real yet, I've got my current tenancy up until 24th August so plenty of time to move our stuff

However, everything is packed ready to go and the van we're using to move our heavy items is booked for Tuesday.
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    alihud wrote: »
    Exchanged today should be happy but I have to be out in three weeks and have nowhere to go ��
    What is the plan supposed to be?

The husband is dismantling beds. I've ordered pizza. I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow. The kids are being shipped to grandparents.

I feel like I'm missing something. But don't know what. We took meter readings today, just incase we forget tomorrow in the excitement of it all.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    houndour wrote: »
    What is the plan supposed to be?

The husband is dismantling beds. I've ordered pizza. I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow. The kids are being shipped to grandparents.

I feel like I'm missing something. But don't know what. We took meter readings today, just incase we forget tomorrow in the excitement of it all.

We exchange tomorrow too, but I'm on nights tonight (for the next 4 nights actually) :(

I'm going to find it hard to sleep tomorrow whilst waiting for the call to pick up the keys.
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    LuckyG wrote: »
    We exchange tomorrow too, but I'm on nights tonight (for the next 4 nights actually) :(

I'm going to find it hard to sleep tomorrow whilst waiting for the call to pick up the keys.

Why are you picking up keys on exchange, or are you doing simultaneous exchange/completion?
  • pollyannaL
    pollyannaL Posts: 127 Forumite
    Not sure if I can be on this thread yet, feel i am being a bit too eager!

Timeline (no chains involved)
    6/7 - offer made on condition of buying freehold
    8/7 - Offer accepted/ SSTC
    14/7 - AIP/ Full Mortgage Application via Broker
    14/7 - Solicitor instructed
    21/7 - valuation agreed/ Mortgage Offer received (happy days!)
    25/7 - Surveyor booked (2 week wait)
    27/7 - Solicitor pack received/ ID and search fee paid

Not sure if this is good going or not being a FTB! Thank god for these forums thats what i say!
    Good luck! Exciting for those completing tomorrow!
  • Interesting to see how quickly all your purchases are progressing. I am still trying to renegotiate the price after a few things came up on survey, I expect the vendor will soon get fed up and look for another buyer.

Happytails and LuckyG, are you buying in England? Just puzzled why the solicitor needs to see marriage certificates as it's not something I've been asked for.
  • LdnFtB
    LdnFtB Posts: 100 Forumite
    Ok I'll jump into this one

17.04.07 - AIP from HSBC
    17.07.04 - Offer Accepted
    17.07.10 - Memorandum of Sale & EPC received
    17.07.17 - Draft contract received. Tile plan noted as incorrect.
    17.07.24 - Lease received. Lease plan also incorrect!

Current waiting for the seller and freeholder to get together and petition the Land Registry for a Deed of Rectification to correct the title - current timescale is 57 working days!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    Coming to join you Happytails!
    I'm only dipping a toe in as it's VERY early days, I'll be here in earnest once the mortgage offer is through.
    As it stands now, my sale is progressing more quickly than my purchase (took us a while to find the perfect house) so I think in a few weeks we'll be getting pressure from below to get out! Moving in with my parents (with child and dog in tow) is an option...:eek:
  • houndour
    houndour Posts: 127 Forumite
    Today is the the day. I must be doing ok if I'm sat here reading mse. Although got the fridge to clean. So better get on. Good luck Luckyg today.

Anyone else completing today?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure