Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tim_L
    • By Tim_L 7th Feb 05, 6:43 AM
    • 3,399Posts
    • 3,233Thanks
    Tim_L
    Car Radio Unlocking
    • 7th Feb 05, 6:43 AM
    Car Radio Unlocking 7th Feb 05 at 6:43 AM
    Highly specific this one, but when you need it it can save a lot of money.

Following a repair for accident damage my radio was left locked. On contacting the dealer I bought the car from I was told that they had no record of the radio code and that it would cost £25 plus VAT to get it for me (nice little earner for them this one, which I refused to pay on principle!).

Anyway I went radioless for a few months, but had a trip to do and wanted the radio. So after a bit of a search yesterday, I found:

http://www.dekodes.com/

This allows you to enter your radio serial number and for a CC payment of £5.88 (this was for a Blaupunkt radio) it will immediately tell you the code. Worked very well indeed. You need to register and provide a 'company name', though I just put in 'no company'.

The only problem I had was extracting the radio itself. In the end I found some help using a google search, but essentially there are 4 grub screws that I needed to extract using a tamper proof screwdriver bit (you can get a set of these at screwfix for £9.99, but probably an allen key would work). Removing these provides 4 holes into which you need to insert 4 small screwdrivers or similar (I used some wooden kebab sticks) whereupon you can pull the radio out by pulling carefully at the cassette slot.

Last edited by MSE Martin; 27-02-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Page 3
  • Contractor
    The software I have says the folowing for Volvo:

"Find the links/diodes (usually on the reverse of the stereo) and enter the sequence used to generate the radio code." :confused:

When I go into the window that calculates the codes, there are 12 'diode' tick boxes (D1 to D12) of which you need to specify which are set and which are not.
    If this means anything to you Volvo owners, let me have the details and I will attempt to get you a code.
  • Foxee
    Saab Caar Hifi
    I bought a programme off a guy on Ebay for 5.99 when I needed the code for mine. It works fine and now I can decode anyone elses too. Anyone need a code? I'll tell you it for free! Just need serial number and model of stereo...
    by timmo44
    I want to put the original car hifi back in my Saab 93 convertible to sell the car. Saab main dealer told me they could not unlock the unit. I believe that the unit is made by Clarion for Saab. The model number is PU 2135A, serial number isV1002660. Hopefully unlike them you can help. Cheers. Foxee
  • jasonhar
    Peugeot 306 Radio Code
    I bought a programme off a guy on Ebay for 5.99 when I needed the code for mine. It works fine and now I can decode anyone elses too. Anyone need a code? I'll tell you it for free! Just need serial number and model of stereo...
    by timmo44
    Timmo44 - I put back in the original radio into my 306TD ready to sell. And I can't find the keycode for it anywhere. Can you help?

Model = Blaupunkt PF3/CR

Serial = BP2774T9053559

Thanks a million!

J.
  • GILLIAN689
    by timmo44

Could you poss try my peugeot??? Company car and the battery was disconnected in repairs now my head office will not pay 15.00 to get the code so I'm left without a radio how annoying

Clarion SERIAL NO: - 0194282
    MODEL - PU9971A
    • georgesky01
    • By georgesky01 28th Feb 05, 9:46 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    georgesky01
    Timmo44 - I put back in the original radio into my 306TD ready to sell. And I can't find the keycode for it anywhere. Can you help?

Model = Blaupunkt PF3/CR

Serial = BP2774T9053559

Thanks a million!

J.
    by jasonhar
    try
    • George_Bray
    • By George_Bray 28th Feb 05, 11:35 PM
    • 726 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    George_Bray
    I have a Philips radio-cassette, and its code, from a Rover 414 of 1990 vintage. Trouble is, there are no instructions on how to input or make use of the code. Do all radios work on a similar basis? Can anyone provide guidance on a likely procedure to input the 4 digit code, please?

Regards
    George
  • johntres
    Can anyone help me with a radio code?
    Got a new clutch fitted and they disconnected the battery.
    Didn't get the radio code when I bought the car.

It's a blaupunkt in a Fiat Punto.

Model Name: FIAT PUNTO LOW
    Part Number: 7649 372 316
    Serial Number: BP 937213868541

cheers!

John
    • georgesky01
    • By georgesky01 1st Mar 05, 11:14 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    georgesky01
    Can anyone help me with a radio code?
    Got a new clutch fitted and they disconnected the battery.
    Didn't get the radio code when I bought the car.

It's a blaupunkt in a Fiat Punto.

Model Name: FIAT PUNTO LOW
    Part Number: 7649 372 316
    Serial Number: BP 937213868541

cheers!

John
    by johntres
    are you sure thats the right serial number 937213868541

it's usually 4 numbers then a letter then 7 numbers 9372T3868541
    if so try 5143
    • georgesky01
    • By georgesky01 1st Mar 05, 11:34 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    georgesky01
    I want to put the original car hifi back in my Saab 93 convertible to sell the car. Saab main dealer told me they could not unlock the unit. I believe that the unit is made by Clarion for Saab. The model number is PU 2135A, serial number isV1002660. Hopefully unlike them you can help. Cheers. Foxee
    by Foxee
    i hope this might help try 3234
  • JCapp
    Code
    Could you give me the unlock code for a radio serial # 89BSZLM123170004 MODEL# 16232131
    Last edited by JCapp; 02-03-2005 at 4:27 AM.
  • JCapp
    can you help me with a code for a chevrolet serial# 89BSZLM123170004 Model 16232131
    • georgesky01
    • By georgesky01 2nd Mar 05, 9:18 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    georgesky01
    whats the make
  • JCapp
    Chevrolet Malibu
  • johntres
    Seems to be correct.
    I posted this to someone advertising on the web who supplied me with a code for 9 quid.
    Anyway, the code he supplied worked.
    I don't know if the guy had to adapt the serial number but I doubt it somehow, I would have thought he would have asked me to check rather than him guess what the letter should be.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

p.s. Being nosey - were did you get the code cracking software from?

John

are you sure thats the right serial number 937213868541

it's usually 4 numbers then a letter then 7 numbers 9372T3868541
    if so try 5143
    by georgesky01
  • Foxee
    Saab Code
    by timmo44

Thanks for the code sorry for my stupidity,,,,,,,, do I combine the code with the serial number or try it on its own. The book states that to unlock the stereo you must consult main dealer & no further info ???? HELP!!!!!
  • salmonsa
    I have a Philips CCR 600 stereo which I have the radio code for , however I need the code for the CD part of it?

Could anyone help me please ????

Philips CCR 600
    1614 438 Philips
    GM 90 506 173 >PA6 - GF <
    Nice to save.
  • Kierant
    Originally Posted by timmo44

Pls Help man i can't hadle being alone in the car with my own company!

Philips 1 614 438
    Gm90 506 173
    >pa6 - gf15<

Thanks soooooo much!
  • Kierant
    I have a Philips CCR 600 stereo which I have the radio code for , however I need the code for the CD part of it?

Could anyone help me please ????

Philips CCR 600
    1614 438 Philips
    GM 90 506 173 >PA6 - GF <
    by salmonsa
    Actually I only have the tape deck would that code work for me?
  • eric
    Hello,

My battery has been replaced in my car and my radio wants the code. The problem is i dont have it and vauxhall wants 15 + VAT .Can someone please help me

Car: Vauxhall Corsa
    Here is what i can find:

1 614 438 PHILIPS
    GM 90 506 173
    >PA6 - GF15<

Thank you
  • mjd_73
    Sony CDX m8800 security code needed
    Hi could you please get the security code for my Sony CDX M8800

Model No : CDX-M8800
    Serail No : 3519651

Many thanks

mjd
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,254Users online

Martin's Twitter