Options
13»

Comments

• Goldcrypto
    Goldcrypto Posts: 104 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2018 at 1:28PM
    Options
    redux wrote: »

I haven't used things like WhatsApp; is this worth exploring?

As already mentioned others needs to have Whatsapp installed as an app and even then someone can have private settings on if making contact for first time so can not add them or find them. Fine for friends and colleagues already added, but otherwise...Also is less used in Asia where Wechat is more common - comparable app to Whatsapp but even more useful (also same downfall that both need app installed to use), more features including to pay for items etc. SMS text is still needed, for now.

Thanks for your advice, Goldcrypto. Before I do that, could I check that texts sent with the Tesco App do appear to come from my usual mobile number?

Yes works exact same way. User receives from your linked mobile, just like Fishtext. I actually found the Tesco International calling App actually sends almost instantly - faster than Fishtext that sometimes had a slight delay. Also, with Fishtext messages sent would not be nicely organised to each sender (they are just all bulked together ordered by date sent), compared to the Tesco app they appear nicely linked to each sender number - just like they do arranged on your mobile for SMS.
    'Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway'

W Buffett
  • andrewbarrett83
    Options
    Has anyone received their refund yet? Emailed them the day after and still no response... Sent chaser emailer today...
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone received their refund yet? Emailed them the day after and still no response... Sent chaser emailer today...

Nothing yet, the last email I had was to ask for my account details on the 21st Sep
  • Sisqoboy
    Options
    Thanks, for sharing. Just noticed now they closed the business :(
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Received my refund on 23rd Nov 2018
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just started a fourth round of reminding CLX I'd like a refund of the Fishtext credit.

(Sept, Dec, Feb, today)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport