Samsung Galaxy no buds

Kareneva
Kareneva Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 14 May 2019 at 10:04PM in Praise, vent & warnings
:mad:ok so earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. Bearing in mind you had to submit a claim request which I did with all the necessary information.

I then waited to receive confirmation of my claim being successful. Great! I got a message to say yes my claim had been received and validated so I could look forward to receiving my free buds within 30 days:

30 days later still no buds so I contact the promotions team to find out what the delay is only to be advised that they have decided I am not eligible as I ordered the s10 E not the S10 or S10+. So I'm like, hang on a second you verified my claim, you can't just change your mind, your mistake, not mine, right? Wrong! They say they are just the promo team and rules are rules!!!!

Next step for me is to write to Samsung so this is what I do and send an email to the CEO or one of the minions there anyway. I get a reply quite quickly asking once again for all the documentation that I sent on the original claim. In a nutshell they basically wouldn't agree to send me the buds even though it was their mistake and wouldn't even offer any compensation.

A big company like that shouldn't have to apologise or try and keep their customers happy right??

Then to rub it in even further I got another email from the promo team saying sorry for the delay in receiving your buds they will be with you soon we had a backlog of enquiries!!!Needless to say I haven't received them and probably never will. Come on Samsung sort it out!:(

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Please - edit out some of those smilies and insert paragraphs!
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Kareneva wrote: »
    :mad:ok so earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. (
    They had a deal where you could claim free buds but only if you purchased an S10 or S10+. You didn't purchase either of these so you didn't qualify.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/
    Claim your Galaxy Buds
    If you pre-ordered the Galaxy S10 or S10+, you can claim a pair of Galaxy Buds through the Samsung Members app on your new device.

only to be advised that they have decided I am not eligible as I ordered the s10 E not the S10 or S10+.
    So they made a mistake and simply corrected that mistake.
    In a nutshell they basically wouldn't agree to send me the buds even though it was their mistake and wouldn't even offer any compensation.
    Compensation?
    What do you need compensation for?
    You haven't suffered any loss as you were never entitled to receive the free buds.
  • Hey Shaun thanks for your input. Yes I get that mistakes happen but I suppose what's annoyed me is the fact that I had to press for an apology and I don't get the feeling that they were sorry. Also even after admitting the error tgey haven't rectified it as they continued sending me emails to confirm that I would receive the goods soon. Shame because I like the products but the service is poor.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    Hey Shaun thanks for your input. Yes I get that mistakes happen but I suppose what's annoyed me is the fact that I had to press for an apology and I don't get the feeling that they were sorry. Also even after admitting the error tgey haven't rectified it as they continued sending me emails to confirm that I would receive the goods soon. Shame because I like the products but the service is poor.

Did you apologise for not reading the terms and all submitting a claim with an ineligible phone? You both made mistakes.

They’re not sorry! Why would they be!
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are correct that it is appalling customer service.

It's only a pair of buds - it's not as if it's going to cost them a fortune to make a goodwill gesture to ameliorate their error in telling you your claim had been validated.

You also have to wonder about the mind blowing inefficiency of a company that has a system that validates claims for a trivial item, agrees the claim, sends an email agreeing the claim, and then does another checking process that not only yields a contradictory result but also fails to inform the customer.

Nothing much to be done about it, but, to anyone with an ounce of business sense, it makes them look pretty stupid.
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    They’re not sorry! Why would they be!

For issuing false information - i.e. that the claim had been validated.

The customer is not acting as a professional businessperson, s/he's acting as a customer. Customers are not expected to have robust systems to ensure against mistakes.

The company, on the other hand, is supposed to be acting in a competent and professional manner which they have failed to do by implementing two validation systems that yield contradictory results and not informing the customer that what they had previously promised - i.e. that s/he would receive the buds in 30 days, would not happen.

It's rather worrying that anyone would think that a company that tells someone it is going to do one thing and then changes its mind, and does not inform the customer until a month later, and then only after being prompted, should not consider a proper apology to be good business practice.

I just hope that, with your attitude, you are not in any responsible position within a business.

BTW, the second sentence of yours, quoted above, is a question, and should be terminated by a question mark, not an exclamation mark. Using an exclamation mark in that way makes you look overexcited.
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2019 at 11:28AM
    Moglex wrote: »
    You are correct that it is appalling customer service.

It's only a pair of buds - it's not as if it's going to cost them a fortune to make a goodwill gesture to ameliorate their error in telling you your claim had been validated.

You also have to wonder about the mind blowing inefficiency of a company that has a system that validates claims for a trivial item, agrees the claim, sends an email agreeing the claim, and then does another checking process that not only yields a contradictory result but also fails to inform the customer.

Nothing much to be done about it, but, to anyone with an ounce of business sense, it makes them look pretty stupid.

This forum is called consumer rights, not consumer hand holding.

Expecting a heart felt apology from a customer services agent is silly, they literally could not care less, and why would they.

Mistakes were made by both parties. That does not mean one party gets some free tech. If the item is trivial, why is the OP upset?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. Bearing in mind you had to submit a claim request which I did with all the necessary information.

I then waited to receive confirmation of my claim being successful. Great! I got a message to say yes my claim had been received and validated so I could look forward to receiving my free buds within 30 days:
    (

it looks like there were 2 errors made
    1) you submitted a claim for buds you were not entitled to as you had not pre-ordered one of the two phone types that qualified for the deal
    2) Samsung (assuming the customer had read the terms for the deal) missed the fact that it was a non-qualifying product and made an error in stating it was a valid claim when it was not

the claim should never had been submitted as the phone type did not qualify. Samsung should have rejected it straight away
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    the claim should never had been submitted as the phone type did not qualify. Samsung should have rejected it straight away

In other words - call it quits. ;):D
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    This forum is called consumer rights, not consumer hand holding.

This forum is actually called Praise, Vent & Warnings (unless the thread has been moved). ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure