PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• 69chick
    69chick Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks espresso21 I am definitely going to try that recipe :drool:

Might do my a!di shop tomorrow, have got my list more or less ready, have enough in the budget for a pretty good shop, but am going to do my best to come in under..
    Starting with Avon C6 target sales £150.00
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just quickly logging in....

small spend of £1.20 needed milk and i couldnt see the usual one i get for 75p so picked up the next cheapest.... big mistake ive managed to pick up full fat milk..... havent had this since i was a small child and it seems like drinking cream now. Hadnt realised i had become so used to drinking 1% fat milk. I will still use it up as i cant stand waste but damn that will teach me for not looking properly. :mad::o

Water it down. It'll taste better and last longer......

I made Millie's cookies today with a recipe from somewhere off the MSE site. They're lovely.
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Was just about to make a little list of bits (mostly fruit) that I need to last until shopping day on Saturday but then had a brainwave.....

I had frozen raspberries in the freezer (of all places!) and a bag of cooking apples - so hey presto, I have fruit raspberries and stewed apple that will last until the big shop - hurrah! Saved myself at least £5 or so as I can never just buy what I need!:j:j

Also, I'll make a sweet potato or chickpea curry tomorrow for tea to use up fridge bits rather than buying something else.

I think I'm back on the OS wagon!:)
  • espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    69chick wrote: »
    Thanks espresso21 I am definitely going to try that recipe :drool:

r..

Hope you like it! Hubby and I really enjoy it. I make parathas (just flour and water really, a little ghee / butter if you're feeling flush) and serve like that. The potatoes make it go further too.
  • espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, I just realised that it's half way through the month today and have spent less than half my budget! Yay!!!
  • destroyerofdebt2011
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Water it down. It'll taste better and last longer......

:o Thankyou.... i really hadnt thought about that. I should be good till month end now if i freeze some excess milk so i can water the rest down :T
    HSBC [STRIKE]£3223.20[/STRIKE] £2060.00
    Cap1 [STRIKE]£1724.91[/STRIKE] £1782.00
    OD [STRIKE]£939.78[/STRIKE] £200.00
    No 49 of £2012 in 2012.. £645.10 so far & Crazy Clothes £14.09/£100.00 ReducingtheToiletryStash2012 UU12/IN 20 March Grocery 0.00/£65.00 & LbsNot£s Lost 14Lbs
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning all, another nsd for me today, gonna throw some pag bol in the slow cooker in abit for tea

i only like full fat milk all the others do just taste like watery milk lol, i know it's not as healthy but i don't care, all my kids prefer full fat aswell
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    I made Millie's cookies today with a recipe from somewhere off the MSE site. They're lovely.

link please?! I love millies cookies

Spent another £6.70 in MrS just a few top up bits. Really trying hard to use up the chest freezer this month and its paying off.
    Got a nice joint of pork in the SC for tea. Today will be pork, stuffing, mash veg.
    Then tomrrow lunch will be hot roast pork stuffing sandwiches and then special fried rice for tea with the rest of the pork. I always add a few prawns too so never need much pork.
    Happy days
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 June 2011 at 11:21AM
    Options
    toddles* wrote: »
    link please?! I love millies cookies ...

Millie's cookies are in the front page index ;) post#7

espresso, I've put your mince recipe in the index; I'll be trying that one, thank you :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    I am not doing well at all this month. Only have about £25 left but shoudl be able to (just) get by on that.

Today I am totally disorganised with lunches and dinners as I have been ill over the past few days. Back at work today and have gone to the co-op to get a sandwich for my lunch. Couldn't believe the price - £2.65 for a chicken wrap thing. I have got to get organised - could easily have made similar for alot less than that.
    Allie
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills