PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    sheepnik wrote: »
    Spot the cat. Oh, and the mice. OMG the mice

zillow.com/homedetails/5306-Nagami-Dr-Windermere-FL-34786/71064028_zpid/

Christ! The US ads posted on here are always so very full to the rafters with ‘stuff’. You get the feeling the vendors still think the USSR can (must!) be defeated by shopping.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    vansboy wrote: »
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72234098.html

Really like the way the agent shows off the external look of this one.

VB

Odd, because if it is the one I think it is, the outside is quite impressive. I'm not sure why you'd build such a much bigger house as an end of a terrace though.
  • Estheroid
    Estheroid Posts: 17 Forumite
    shortcrust wrote: »
    Christ! The US ads posted on here are always so very full to the rafters with ‘stuff’. You get the feeling the vendors still think the USSR can (must!) be defeated by shopping.
    I once accompanied a friend to a house viewing in New York. It was certainly an eye opener - so much junk everywhere, no effort to clean up or de-clutter! The opposite of everything that you're advised to do to show off your home to its best over here. The estate agent didn't seem remotely fazed by the amount of cack lying around :rotfl:
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    Estheroid wrote: »
    I once accompanied a friend to a house viewing in New York. It was certainly an eye opener - so much junk everywhere, no effort to clean up or de-clutter! The opposite of everything that you're advised to do to show off your home to its best over here. The estate agent didn't seem remotely fazed by the amount of cack lying around :rotfl:
    There are certainly a lot of moving/yard/garage sales in the US by people who were told by their Realtors that leaving a bunch of crap around sells houses.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2018 at 2:09PM
    Estheroid wrote: »

tbh my thinking is probably more American in this regard, I've never quite understood why some people make a big deal about other people's clutter. It really doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to me when viewing a property whether they've gone for the ultimate in minimalist furnishings or have tacky ornaments on every visible surface, either way you'll be getting a bare house when you complete.

Cleanliness is another matter and is an important consideration but cluttered doesn't necessarily mean dirty.
  • Dandie89
    Dandie89 Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64940467.html

Is this an English Rose Kitchen? or just a lookie likie? The handles don't seem right.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Dandie89 wrote: »

Is this an English Rose Kitchen? or just a lookie likie? The handles don't seem right.
    lol - my 'wonderful' kitchen in my RAF quarter is this! I actually quite like it despite it's age and decrepitation - dated 1970
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Dandie89
    Dandie89 Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    TamsinC wrote: »
    lol - my 'wonderful' kitchen in my RAF quarter is this! I actually quite like it despite it's age and decrepitation - dated 1970

I doubt many modern kitchen will be capable of lasting 50 years even if the modern mania for ripping out all things "last year" fizzled out. :)
  • Picture 17 really sells this one for me. Plus spot the cats, who might want to have a word with you about the rug in picture 3.

rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66067130.html
  • quantumlobster
    quantumlobster Posts: 509 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2018 at 11:15AM
    Dandie89 wrote: »

That living room though.

"And here we have the living room, where it is always 1982."

ETA: and the other living room - "OK, so we've got beige walls and brown wooden furniture and floral print chintz chairs. What carpet did you get? Cobalt blue? Perfect."

ETA2: today I learned that avocado kitchens were once a thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure