Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Electric meter reading that I provided a couple of days ago (just after DD taken) has already appeared on the account today and all charged correctly.

Still waiting for the electricity reading I provided a week ago .
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    I've received notification that my new ELECTRICITY registration is complete............but had nothing for the GAS?
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Still waiting for the electricity reading I provided a week ago .

If my experience is anything to go by, keep waiting!

After transferring in November, this week I have had my first bill that has readings on that I have submitted, however these aren't using the readings I provided last month, they are the ones I submitted at the end of December. So approximately 7 weeks to process the meter readings and send a bill (my previous bills had no charges on as they said no meter reading had been provided, despite several meter readings being sent).

On the plus side, it shows my credit balance as higher than it should be, and they are paying interest on that...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    I've received notification that my new ELECTRICITY registration is complete............but had nothing for the GAS?

It's worth noting that any gas bill that you receive will most likely have to be reversed/corrected.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Matters have moved very slightly forward with my transfer.
    The Electric MPRN is now showing online, but no meter reading which I provided on 7 February as requested. Still no information at all on the gas transfer, ie no start date, MPRN or meter reading.
    I was told by Iresa on 1st February in response to my e-mail in which I gave both MPRN's as a precaution, that I should allow 16 days for the gas transfer. When this transfer did not happen I was told by iresa that the gas transfer request had been rejected twice and they would now look into it.
    My + 20 days with EON ends on the 27th February, so i telephoned EON yesterday and was informed that everything had been processed at their end and that my transfer date for the gas was the 16th February, BUT they were still waiting for both sets of meter readings from Iresa!
    There are 4 days left before I will be swopped to the EON standard tariff, when I will be financially disadvantaged due to a belated transfer. If that happens I will obviously have to make a complaint to ofgem.
  • System
    edited 23 February 2017 at 2:22PM
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Matters have moved very slightly forward with my transfer.
    The Electric MPRN is now showing online, but no meter reading which I provided on 7 February as requested. Still no information at all on the gas transfer, ie no start date, MPRN or meter reading.
    I was told by Iresa on 1st February in response to my e-mail in which I gave both MPRN's as a precaution, that I should allow 16 days for the gas transfer. When this transfer did not happen I was told by iresa that the gas transfer request had been rejected twice and they would now look into it.
    My + 20 days with EON ends on the 27th February, so i telephoned EON yesterday and was informed that everything had been processed at their end and that my transfer date for the gas was the 16th February, BUT they were still waiting for both sets of meter readings from Iresa!
    There are 4 days left before I will be swopped to the EON standard tariff, when I will be financially disadvantaged due to a belated transfer. If that happens I will obviously have to make a complaint to ofgem.

I don't see why you will be disadvantaged if the transfer has already taken place and E.oN is aware of it. Verified meter readings can take up to 3 weeks. Once E.oN has received the verified reading it will apply it to your account and it will raise a Final Bill

We all want things to happen immediately but that is not how the Industry sitting beneath the suppliers actually works. My gas is via an IGT and this adds a further level of bureaucracy and delay but I have never been penalised for it even when the verified meter readings took a month or so to come through.
  • icharus
    Options
    I am going by what I was told. I specifically asked EON what would happen if they did not receive the meter readings from Iresa by the 27th February. EON said I would be transferred to their standard tariff. I also do not have a contract start date for my gas supply appearing online, or meter readings for my electricity supply as yet. In fact as I said there is no information whatsoever for the gas supply.

If you are saying that despite a potential delay that either EON will charge me my current tariff up until the 27th February (the + 20 days date) and Iresa will back date my charges to that date, or some other arrangement where there is no financial disadvantage, then that is well and good.

As I had a horrendous previous transfer which lasted for one year plus, and I am reading the Iresa meter readings and billing problems from those on this thread, yourself included, I am obviously a little apprehensive.
  • System
    Options
    I am going by what I was told. I specifically asked EON what would happen if they did not receive the meter readings from Iresa by the 27th February. EON said I would be transferred to their standard tariff. I also do not have a contract start date for my gas supply appearing online, or meter readings for my electricity supply as yet. In fact as I said there is no information whatsoever for the gas supply.

If you are saying that despite a potential delay that either EON will charge me my current tariff up until the 27th February (the + 20 days date) and Iresa will back date my charges to that date, or some other arrangement where there is no financial disadvantage, then that is well and good.

As I had a horrendous previous transfer which lasted for one year plus, and I am reading the Iresa meter readings and billing problems from those on this thread, yourself included, I am obviously a little apprehensive.

You may have misunderstood what you have been told. If your transfer has taken place (16th February) then Iresa is now your supplier. Your tariff with E.oN has ended. Whether it takes 3 days or 3 months for the meter readings to be agreed, E.oN will bill you up to the transfer date and Iresa will bill you from that date. Yes, there are issues with Iresa but that does not impact on your contract with E.oN.

If you are still worried, contact E.oN and ask them to confirm from the meter database that they are no longer your supplier.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

An E.ON phone rep told me that the transfer had to be completed within 20 days for the price promise to apply. It was confirmed by the E.ON rep here, as well as a read of their T&C's that he was wrong.

I wouldn't worry though. By the sounds of it, E.ON consider the actual transfer complete since the 16th. It just means the account can't be settled and final bill raised until the (third party verified) numbers are received. When they are you will still only be billed up to the reading on the 16th which is well within the 20 days and should be at your old tariff rates.

My switch was the 6th, and while I submitted readings then they didn't appear on the site until the same day E.ON contacted me to say my final bill was ready. I'd also submitted another reading on the 15th and that didn't appear until the same time.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • icharus
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    An E.ON phone rep told me that the transfer had to be completed within 20 days for the price promise to apply. It was confirmed by the E.ON rep here, as well as a read of their T&C's that he was wrong.

I wouldn't worry though. By the sounds of it, E.ON consider the actual transfer complete since the 16th. It just means the account can't be settled and final bill raised until the (third party verified) numbers are received. When they are you will still only be billed up to the reading on the 16th which is well within the 20 days and should be at your old tariff rates.

My switch was the 6th, and while I submitted readings then they didn't appear on the site until the same day E.ON contacted me to say my final bill was ready. I'd also submitted another reading on the 15th and that didn't appear until the same time.

Thanks for that.

No wonder people don't switch. For many it is not the straightforward system, we are led to believe.

Like others on this thread I would have preferred to stay with EON.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure