No More Mrs Nice Guy

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You could put the 20 quid away on a regular basis for your son?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I could definitely do that. But he!!!8217;s nearly 16 now so I want to give him a bit of financial responsibility and avoid messes like the one I!!!8217;m in haha ...was a bit nervous but he!!!8217;s actually asked me to keep all the money aside towards his holiday anyway so it!!!8217;s worked out pretty well. Here!!!8217;s hoping it comes in every week anyway!
    £20 a day in May £41/£620 (previously £661/£600)
    :beer:
  • Amazing...yesterday I found out I had an interview for a more senior job in my company...much less travel and a bit more money. ***joyful dance***

Then found out my lodger has been made redundant, so I!!!8217;ll be paid next month and perhaps for a week after that and then, NOTHING, unless I find someone else to come in immediately.

In one hand and OUT the other!!!

Will need to have another review of finances over the next couple of days. Holiday isn!!!8217;t looking good...priorities need to be bills!
  • Right.
    Had another hard look at the finances...it is looking like if I don!!!8217;t get a lodger in before the next rent is due, I!!!8217;ll need to earn or save an extra £500 a month. I don!!!8217;t have sky tv or anything and the mobile contracts are as low as possible, no petrol or insurance until June when I stop travelling for work. Not entirely sure how I!!!8217;ll manage to scrape it together. Cancelling the trip is an option that I will take if I need to, as it will buy us an extra couple of months (most of the things that are booked ARE refundable)
    Overtime at work is minimal at the moment.
    Racking my brains!
    Just have to stay positive. I!!!8217;ll find a lodger (or my current will find a new job within the next 4 weeks! I!!!8217;ve had some amazing fortune this week so far, it!!!8217;ll work out :-)

Worst case scenario, I!!!8217;m sure I can find a second job, there!!!8217;s bound to be something I can do!
  • Afternoon!!

Nothing much going on here, having no luck with mystery shopping just now, there!!!8217;s nothing local on the dates that I am local and the airport ones are the wrong airports for me. Typical!

Received a letter back from the bank about my charges request. They have rejected as anticipated. However they got quite a lot of my information wrong (my name for one, they also stated that I don!!!8217;t have an overdraft and that I!!!8217;m in credit, first is incorrect and the second only correct because I was paid three days after my complaint went it!)
    They!!!8217;re reviewing that and wil come back to me to advise if there!!!8217;s something they can do to get me out of the cycle of charges. My main annoyance is that the charges are often more than the amount I!!!8217;m short for the bills. So the only reason I am short is because the charges from the month previously. It!!!8217;s a vicious cycle!

At least it!!!8217;s only £30 a month now, it used to be £100. Small victories!!
  • I feel like I am losing motivation already.

Literally all of the money that has come in this month is random one off stuff, I haven't earned any extra or sold anything or really feel like I had achieved anything.
    No closer to any success finding a new lodger. Amazing how reliant I already am on money that hasn't been coming in for that long.
    £400 a month down on income is not good.
    To top it all off, I have a job interview tomorrow, which at this stage I am not going to succeed at because I found out today that another colleague with way more experience than me has also gone for the role.
    May have to sell my soul - what's the going rate these days??
  • Afternoon all!

Sorry for my little blip the other day. I always try to stay positive but it doesn't always work out that way :)
    I had my interview yesterday and I couldn't have done any better, may still not get it if experience is what it comes down to but at least that will be the only factor.

I got a free veg peeler when I was at the supermarket today. Not too sure how that happened. But I do love a freebie!

Still no mystery shopping that's working for me, location or timing wise. Need to work a bit harder at it I think. Maybe be more willing to go outwith my locality. If it's food stuff, it will be good for me and my son to spend some time together, plus the money will be reimbursed for the most part. I always have to balance out though if my spend will be more than I get back, there's not much point and it almost defeats the purpose.

If I want to clear my overdraft and credit card by July, and cover the holiday costs without using said overdraft and credit card, I am still around £2400 short - make that £3200 if I don't get a replacement lodger...so my aim remains £20-£30 a day should be my goal extra income.
    ***toddles off to search through recipes and try to avoid having to get any food next week at all***
    ***toddles back, to mention that I am also going to be getting travel insurance through TopCashback, will look for other deals that are "essential spending" and keep a little kitty of extra money in there***
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that the interview went well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Thanks!

Should find out middle of the week, thankfully don't have to worry about it for too long!
  • Well. I didn!!!8217;t get the promotion :-(

Apparently I did an amazing interview. They are really keen to work with me. But I was pipped to the post by an absolute tiny amount in terms of scoring. If they!!!8217;d had two jobs, they!!!8217;d have given me one of them.

Somehow that!!!8217;s worse than not doing well!!
    I feel very much like I!!!8217;m now screwed. I!!!8217;m down £400 a month in income so I!!!8217;m earning exactly the amount I need to pay bills and buy groceries, not enough for petrol or car insurance or lord forbid something fun haha

Back to the drawing board for me. Statement of affairs shows literally that I am bringing in £2.47 more than goes out. Not what I need right now.

Must stay positive, at least I!!!8217;m bringing in more than what!!!8217;s going out, even if by a small margin.

I!!!8217;m sure I will feel more positive tomorrow. When I!!!8217;ve had some sleep and relaxed hopefully!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport