Self employed need advice

Options
Im self employed and just need some advice on whats below and if its tax deductable...

Insurance I only have liability insurance do you think I should have some kind of illness insurance, injury and /or health insurance and life insurance?
Contents insurance?

Purchasing a car and tax deductions , I was told its better depending on C02 emissions

Can you claim mobiles and PCs/Laptops 100% tax dedcutable for your business?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    are "you" a Limited Company or merely a sole trader?

if the former, ask your accountant
    if the latter, stop taking tax advice from your mates down the pub

further info once you clarify what you are...
  • diz79
    diz79 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    are "you" a Limited Company or merely a sole trader?

if the former, ask your accountant
    if the latter, stop taking tax advice from your mates down the pub

further info once you clarify what you are...

I am self employed I do have an accountant but hes not that helpful, hence asking on here.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    diz79 wrote: »
    I am self employed I do have an accountant but hes not that helpful, hence asking on here.
    I think it would be a good idea to talk to a few local accountants, find one you like and move your business to them. It is madness paying an accountant and then coming onto a forum to find advice!

Just a thought, as it's the end of the financial year, most accountants will be overrun with work and have no time for casual enquiries. Maybe in a month or two he will have time to answer your questions.
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Then change to a different one. There are thousands out there and it's easy to change. Don't carry on paying someone who's not giving you the advice you need.
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Im self employed and just need some advice on whats below and if its tax deductable...

Insurance I only have liability insurance do you think I should have some kind of illness insurance, injury and /or health insurance and life insurance?
    Contents insurance?

With regards to insurance, the only requirement by law is that you have employers insurance, if you have employees. All your other insurance requirements will be down to your assessment of the risks. In other words a business decision you have to make.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure