MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you tried one of the alternative https://www.localbargainfinder.com sites to see if it is an ebay problem, or MSE problem?
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • OhJustSomeGuy
    OhJustSomeGuy Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 December 2015 at 11:53PM
    Since the recent and huge redesign of the Local eBay Deals Mapper, I haven't been able to use it as effectively as before.

The old version used to remember all my search parameters, but the new site doesn't. EDIT: Currently it just seems to be the 'Max price:' parameter which is not being remembered.

The best thing about the old site, and the reason I used it every day: I just needed to launch the link and not only would my search parameters be remembered and populated, but it would also run the search for me. So when the page loaded it was already showing my list of local deals.

Is there any chance the new redesigned version could also remember all search parameters - and run the search automatically like the old version?

Thanks.
  • I had shortcut set up for within 15 miles and under £20, no can do anymore £1, £5, £10, £50??? and wade through results? also where's the search by geographically nearest?
  • Doubt it, when I do a search and ask the result to show me how far I am from an item, it shows my present location as somewhere in the ocean off the Ghanan coast and the item in the UK
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Winger wrote: »
    Doubt it, when I do a search and ask the result to show me how far I am from an item, it shows my present location as somewhere in the ocean off the Ghanan coast and the item in the UK

Is this a reply to someone?
  • l cannot get into local deals mapper anymore
  • Behemoth
    Behemoth Posts: 27 Forumite
    Doesn't work for me. I put in my postcode, click Search and come back to the same page.
    Also why four trackers/spyware?
  • Hello, Do you have any idea when this might get fixed, please. It is saving me a fortune by not having it, but I do find it 'useful' and passes the time. Thanks
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    Hello, Do you have any idea when this might get fixed, please. It is saving me a fortune by not having it, but I do find it 'useful' and passes the time. Thanks

Please see my earlier post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport