Tesco price warning

Options
Not sure if this is in the right place or not - maybe the mods could move it if it's more suited to the shop but don't drop boards or something?

Anyway, I was in Tesco's the other day and they are in the middle of extending and refurbishing the store. Beside the new extra large organic section there is a section devoted to their Ingredients range. Basically they have bagged up things like spices, rices, pulses, vanilla pods in packaging labelled "Tesco Ingredients" so there is a common style of packaging to this entire section. So far so good.

BUT the "Ingredients" Arborio/Carnolli (sp?) risotto rice was about £1.50 more expensive than the normal Tesco Arborio/Carnolli risotto rice which is found in the pasta/ready made sauce aisle. This was true for pretty much every item that had been repackaged in the "Ingredients" range - the herbs, spices etc could all be found cheaper in the indian section, the lemon juice cheaper in the baking section etc.

Just a heads-up - it's worth shopping around even within a supermarket!

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi seraphina,

Your post should be useful to all MSE's so I've moved it over to the Shop but Don't Drop board where it should get more response.

Pink
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Supermarkets love to con us with smart packaging don't they ? Waitrose and Sainsbury's have similar ranges.

I find it particuilarly annoying when Tesco are banging on about reusing their carrier bags when they would be better employed in reducing the amount of packaging on their goods.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure