IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Resident Parking

Comments

• markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Can someone please remind me of the regulation for signs, or point me to where I can look, IE: placement, letter size, etc,
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Here is my letter to DVLA Have I missed something, or can can someone look over it,
    Thanks in advance
    I would like to make a complaint about the way DVLA handle data under the data protection act.

DVLA has given my data to Parking Control Management (UK) LTD, without good reason.

1, On the xxx/2018 (Date of event xxx2018) PCM (parking control management (UK) LTD) requested my detail under registration number xxxx
    for Breach of terms and Conditions of a private car park.

The vehicle was in fact parked on the Highway, IE: council land. So, no breach has taken place,

2, On the xxx/2018 (Date of event xxx2018) PCM (parking control management (UK) LTD) requested my detail under registration number xxx

The vehicle was in fact parked on the Highway, IE: council land.

3, On the xxx/2018 (Date of event xxx/2018) PCM (parking control management (UK) LTD) requested my detail under registration number xxx

The vehicle was in fact parked on the Highway, IE: council land.

At this point
    I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that the signage is not adequate, IE: placement, letter size, there is one sign hidden high on a wall with is not lit (parking restrictions 24hrs)

Also in my lease it says, it said I can use common land for whatever I what to, more importantly, it does not say I will be charged £100 for parking my car on site, it maybe true that PCM have in fact never had good reason to get data from DVLA, so all data ever supplied to them may be breaking The DPA.

I have proof from the Council that the land ticketed by PCM is in fact Council land, I have included a print out from xxxxx council to this affect, I have also included pictures taken by myself and PCM to show the location.

I have also sent a letter of complaint to the ICO about being ticketed on a public road.

I am looking forward to your prompt reply and resolution.
  • I have noticed a increase in claims from PCM, there are a lot of people, a round my estate, that are asking for advise, of course I point them all to here, but has anyone else noticed an increase, or maybe they atre just having a purge around this area?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think all PPCs are ramping up their claims. Some that haven't done court in the past are now starting to do so.

Have you contacted your MP about this?

If the scammers are issuing tickets on public land, then it may be that criminal offences have occurred, especially if anyone has paid them.

Attempting to defraud, obtaining money by deception, demanding money with menaces (the threat of court, threat of CCJs etcetera.)
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's BWL who seem to be conducting an onslaught. Probably on a near enough no-win, no-fee basis as the mere threat of court (a new phenomenon for many of the erstwhile benign operators) will tip a large number over the edge - and hurtling to pay up to avoid the hassle of defending their position in front of a Judge.

The odd one we help to win will be of minuscule consequence, unless there is some major result - but unlikely in the small claims court.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake wrote: »
    I think all PPCs are ramping up their claims. Some that haven't done court in the past are now starting to do so.

Have you contacted your MP about this?
    MP is a joke, I had one parking parasite arrested for assault, she push me out of the way to put a fake ticket on my sisters car, on council land,

If the scammers are issuing tickets on public land, then it may be that criminal offences have occurred, especially if anyone has paid them.

Attempting to defraud, obtaining money by deception, demanding money with menaces (the threat of court, threat of CCJs etcetera.)

I am going to investigate this.
  • MP is a joke, I had one parking parasite arrested for assault, she push me out of the way to put a fake ticket on my sisters car, on council land,
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    markudman wrote: »
    MP is a joke, I had one parking parasite arrested for assault, she push me out of the way to put a fake ticket on my sisters car, on council land,

I don't think you can blame the MP for that, can you? ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    markudman wrote: »
    I am going to investigate this.

Quickly save Sassii's links in post #39 here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748128&page=2

As he is going to delete them tonight. Save them FIRST then read his successes v PCM at a residential site where more than one resident is fighting back.

Two costs orders so far, for 4 figure sums in his favour, AIUI.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The highway isnt council land unless it is maintained at public expense. Enclose proof of this

The DVLA wont care about signage; after all, the signage is irrelevant if it is on council owned highway! What you need to do is say wha tyou want the DVLA to do. given you wont be able to sue them...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure