Waitrose Essentials

Comments

• skintmumof3
    skintmumof3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    no frozen peas, bean, sweetcorn etc available on mine....I am in South east......x
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That's annoying. We are in the South West and have all of those.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    essential Waitrose is really good (with the odd exception) and the fresh food lasts well. Fruit & veg are fairly consistent in quality, unlike Ocado own brand which is roughly the same price but very hit and miss.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2018 at 12:53AM
    thanks for all the suggestions......cant believe they have barely any frozen veg due to the co2 shortage.....

How do you think they freeze vegetables and fruit?
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    essential Waitrose is quirky. Many of their essentials aren't basic value everyday items. I shop at Ocado quite a lot and love the essential Waitrose flageolet beans.

People say it's impossible to save money at Ocado but that's not true if you shop the offers and have a decent-sized freezer and cupboard. Ocado delivering tomorrow and I saved 21.46 :) I compared with ASDA and all the cheaper stuff from ASDA came today.
  • B'sKitchen
    B'sKitchen Posts: 18 Forumite
    How interesting that some of you save money shopping there! Can you share your tips and tricks?

I used to order from Ocado from time to time, but the min £40 order made me feel oddly guilty, as I rarely spend that much in Aldi/Lidl, unless we stock up on alcohol or/and meat.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've got some £4 off £20 vouchers in the post for Waitrose. Very good as all of them have the same expiry date so if need to do £40, do it in two lots and use 2 vouchers.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 20 July 2018 at 5:23PM
    B'sKitchen wrote: »
    How interesting that some of you save money shopping there! Can you share your tips and tricks?

I used to order from Ocado from time to time, but the min £40 order made me feel oddly guilty, as I rarely spend that much in Aldi/Lidl, unless we stock up on alcohol or/and meat.
    I've got some £4 off £20 vouchers in the post for Waitrose. Very good as all of them have the same expiry date so if need to do £40, do it in two lots and use 2 vouchers.

The vouchers they send are pretty good - I've also got some £4 off £20 vouchers, and it's easier to get to £20 than you might think, as the following count but are deducted from the bill (provided you have a Waitrose card, which you would have if you are getting the vouchers):

Cofffee (e.g. latte) £2.35
    Newspaper (e.g.Times) £1.60
    Waitrose Drinks magazine £2
    Waitrose Food magazine £2

So you've spent £8 before you've spent anything, if you see what I mean. This makes your voucher in effect £4 off £12.

Some of their items are good value (Essentials range includes such essentials as frozen butternut squash and blackcurrant cheesecake), there are end-of-line reductions (picked up one-litre spray surface cleaners for 25p tonight) and always things on offer.

I did notice some crusty rolls tonight at 9p each but I also do a shop one night at Morrisons and they are even cheaper there if reduced.

I don't shop a lot at Waitrose these days but it's got its good points.

I'm considering switching from a Tesco clubcard credit card to Waitrose John Lewis credit card as I almost never use Tesco now and the Waitrose card gives 1% cashback on Waitrose spending(and 0.5% elsewhere) as vouchers.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi! Use topcashback for £20 cashback on £80 spend code AQ2AH6

coupled with £20 off first order on Waitrose website homepage. Then go for bogof's and specials. It takes ages but good savings to be had.

Ask not to have bags and have boxes ready then transfer as they leave shopping. Also tick no subs as they charge extra if dearer.

Also check beer/wine I got hobgoblin for £1.20 on special and merlot £4.65 - you have to search as even low to high the cheapest are sometimes down the list!! crafty Waitrose

Ground coffee/cheese/essentials cleaning stuff and bath stuff good especially the buebell range

Also look under the offers tab and 50% off or multibuy and do low to high and there are some good offers. Good Luck

I made use of a John Lewis e-voucher and actually paid a pound!
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    surfsister wrote: »
    Hi! Use topcashback for £20 cashback on £80 spend code AQ2AH6

coupled with £20 off first order on Waitrose website homepage.

To clarify, did you get £40 of £80?
    The code you mention is the same as the one on the Waitrose homepage, is there a different one for the TopCashback offer? All I see is £5 cashback....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure