Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lima-India wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to know what to buy to get the £2.50 Quidco bonus by the end of today. I have toilet rolls coming out of my ears (Wilkies/SD) and Dry Shampoo (SD). I'd like a sturdy clear 1litre bag for cabin luggage liquids but can't seem to find any quidco retailers selling any good ones!!!!

I've also still go to do mine - might have a look at the marks sale

Is Argos on Quidco - must be something we need that we can click and collect from Argos ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks to the OP yesterday, was it Ditzy? :o

All 20p, also got some santa maria chipotle mayo & hot salsa in another store. :cool:

IMG_2157.jpg

oo these look exciting.

Very little stock left in my store today of the very little that was there yesterday
    We did though get sainsburys own brand beef casserole mix for 20p - for when winter starts next week :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Yes they always have dogs don't they who look in better shape than they do

they probably feed the dog before they feed themselves :D
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    mhoc wrote: »
    I also checked marks sparks as the offers renewed overnight.

The new offers are valid for 2 weeks - maybe other new things will pop up in the meantime.

OH has the biggest choice and his include buy iced drinks in the caf! for half price - I suppose its not a bad offer if your marks caf! is closer and/or you have no Neros - 00002 have a BOGOF offer on iced drinks in Nero

The emergency card only allows one offer to choose from but much worse, my main card where most of the sparks points are and the back up card with less than a thousand, both have £5 off £35 online food order - that's it, no bonus offers, no 20% off a choice of 4 various clothing departments. Just the one offer :mad:

The overpriced dine in offer for £12 instead of £10 (fewer meal choices) is still on until July 17th so its something else I wont be buying in Marks.
    All I have is the Try Food to Order with £5 off £35 :(
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    oo these look exciting.

Very little stock left in my store today of the very little that was there yesterday
    We did though get sainsburys own brand beef casserole mix for 20p - for when winter starts next week :(

My local only really had the chipotle mayo, and one lonely hot salsa mixed in with the medium that were still full price. Just gaps where any kits or wraps would have been 20p.

I stopped at a Sainsbury local on my way to the biggest store. Nothing in the local.

The latin America mixes were on the bottom shelf don't think anyone had spotted them, just those 3 flavours, other flavours were up higher again still full price. I just hit lucky I think. They do look rather tasty. :D
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nothing mega exciting!

There were a few reduced wines on an end aisle , mostly expensive ones.
    Last week I bought just one bottle of Lambrusco Bianco light only 4% but a nice summer drink, liked it so thought I'd get more if they still had it. Today reduced to £2.20 then 55p discount.

So maybe all 75cl bottles are 25% off regardless of price?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Tinyshoes
    I will actually save money with getting the chipotle mayos as Mr TS usually uses plain mayo and mixes his own chipotle paste with it which isn't cheap. :eek:

Trouble is I still do have some black pepper and lemon mayos from ages ago when they were 20p, must be about 5 years old now. :o At the time I thought they were a great idea and buy but DD will only eat the plain stuff and I don't use often enough. Mr TS forgets and usually just uses the plain and adds his own flavour to make his own concoctions...
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the salsa/powder info, just got £4 worth of assorted dressings and spices.

Also 20p.
    Kettle Crisps, discoveries, Yorkshire wensleydale & Cox apple chutney flavour! 130g bag.
    Only 3 bags left I my store so cleared the shelf.

Can confirm that conditional spends can be used on wine as well.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Tinyshoes
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Nothing mega exciting!

There were a few reduced wines on an end aisle , mostly expensive ones.
    Last week I bought just one bottle of Lambrusco Bianco light only 4% but a nice summer drink, liked it so thought I'd get more if they still had it. Today reduced to £2.20 then 55p discount.

So maybe all 75cl bottles are 25% off regardless of price?

It might have something to do with the ABV %. I think the law on minimum pricing is connected to that. So with it being only 4% it probably still qualifies for the discount. I'm sure someone will understand how the minimum price per unit/bottle works better than me.
  • Tinyshoes
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks for the salsa/powder info, just got £4 worth of assorted dressings and spices.

Also 20p.
    Kettle Crisps, discoveries, Yorkshire wensleydale & Cox apple chutney flavour! 130g bag.
    Only 3 bags left I my store so cleared the shelf.

Can confirm that conditional spends can be used on wine as well.

Careful that's about what I got and DM though I was being greedy. :eek::o:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure