Martin's Broadcast Appearances Discussions

Comments

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Have I missed something, or has no-one mentioned that you were on The Wright Stuff today, and I think (?) you are on for the whole week.

Was pleased to see you are still getting your money's worth out of that striped shirt! :p No, really, I do feel like "hey, a friend is on telly :D!" when you are on there - especially as it is broadcast live.

Wish you would get more opportunity to mention this site and all your devoted fans ;). After all, money isn't everything!!! (or is it? :rotfl: )
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    Sadly Im not allowed to mention the site when on Wright Stuff as Im there as a panellist not in the guest seat. This means technically Im a 'presenter of the show' and thus not allowed to plug!

:(
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Bogof_Babe
    Oh that's a shame. I noticed you did slip one money saving tip in today though :beer: .

I think you should refuse to appear unless they stop screening that dreadful Picture Loans ad in the breaks!

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Was throughly disappointed by the Wright stuff today.

Lynn Faulds Wood didn't have any potential deathtraps to talk about.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Bogof_Babe
    bylromarha wrote:
    Was throughly disappointed by the Wright stuff today.

Lynn Faulds Wood didn't have any potential deathtraps to talk about.

I would have thought bowel cancer was as potential a deathtrap as one could hope not to have to address. :(

(Edit: Or was that meant as some kind of dubious irony bylromarha? I take it she is well known for her campaign, except I personally haven't seen too much of her promoting it. Some things are worth the repeat messages, I would venture to suggest.)

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I never knew Lynn Faulds Wood was now an awareness campaigner for bowel cancer until the show yesterday. Seems like she's doing a good job, but I like you, have never seen her promoting it.

Did you ever watch Mary Whitehouse experience? Hugh Dennis always used to be dressed up as LFW on the show and talk about everyday things being a "potential deathtrap"...harking back to LFW days as Watchdog presenter when she referred to most things she campaigned against as a "potential deathtrap"

So whenever I see LFW I always get disappointed when there's no HB pencil which is a potential deathtrap.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • deeds
    deeds Posts: 400 Forumite
    Always stripey and always erm.. a bit too 'snug' :D
    I know you're keen on money saving, but shops dont charge more for the next size up you know ;)
    Just because you are offended, doesn't mean you are right
  • Bogof_Babe
    Oh come on, that glimpse of hairy chest brings a sparkle to my mornings! I nearly burnt the ironing today :D .

Waahh I won't be able to watch tomorrow :cry: .

• divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bogof_Babe wrote:
    Oh come on, that glimpse of hairy chest brings a sparkle to my mornings! I nearly burnt the ironing today :D .

Waahh I won't be able to watch tomorrow :cry: .

i wont be able to either!!!!

Also i went right off my coco pops when martin said he didnt want to be in the loo with himself let alone anyone else :lipsrseal

great show, although i do always find matthew wright moves quickly on if someone elses point of view doesnt match his own!! :undecided
  • Bogof_Babe
    I agree Divadee, about Matthew having an abrupt way with some callers. He has been downright rude on occasions. Once in particular I remember a bloke phoned in on a discussion about bad driving, and he mentioned a woman who he had encountered driving badly, and that she happened to be coloured. He just mentioned that in passing - he might equally well have said "young" or "blonde". Matthew instantly let rip at him as if he was the worst kind of evil racist in the land, then cut him off. I think he is a bit too full of himself sometimes tbh.

Lol, I'd forgotten about the loo comment - very honest of Martin, but then he's like that isn't he? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport